Started to reupholster my seats. (TMI SPORT R) ADDED PICS OF REAR SEATS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
Well I'm not going to lie...that kind of sucked! I still have some hardware to install and some wrinkles to workout but for the most part the passengers seat is done. Figured I'd derust and respray the frame while I has at it. Slowly but surely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see this kind of work on here.

What did you use underneath the vinyl/leather?

Also what kind of reinforcement did you use for the red "french seams" on the sides?

EDIT:

Can't delete.. Ignore the above, as I thought it was custom made.

Still nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
What is holding up the extra bolster in the seats? Just more foam rubber?
Thanks guys. The extra on the sides are just part of the foam kit that you order for these specific skins. I'm go to work on the rest a little each night. Hope to have the interior completed over the next two weeks. Minus the headliner. I'll be bringing someone in for that. I can say that these are some seriously comfortable seats. Have to figure out how I can rig the latch. Currently I don't have any of the stops in and I really like where it is with regards to reclining but I still need to connect the latch and make sure it grabs. Might have to rig up a metal block to take up the slack of the stops not being there and put it inside the bracket that the hook latches to. Make sense?

Looks really nice! Ryan

Back