Got the Mach 1 back together and running!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1, Q code 351CJ, 4 speed.
Why don't these vehicles come up for sale in my area?

Ad looks fine but unless you are desperate for money I would keep what looks like a fairly solid vehicle and wait until you have the funds to get started on it.

Why don't these vehicles come up for sale in my area?

Ad looks fine but unless you are desperate for money I would keep what looks like a fairly solid vehicle and wait until you have the funds to get started on it.
It is a solid car.  Not desperate for money I just don't have the time and really the motivation right now to put into the car.  I hate to see it just sit there.  I am very anal or meticulous which ever term you want to use and it would take  me forever to get the car in the kind of shape I would be happy with.  I turn 50 in July.  I don't know that I have enough time left to get it to where I want it and even if I do would I still be interested and enjoy it. lollerz

I'm not desperate to sale it and will tinker with it some until someone decides they want it to be theirs.  Who knows though maybe I will change my mind after I get some good tires on it and can drive it down the street.

I turn 50 in July.  I don't know that I have enough time left to get it to where I want it and even if I do would I still be interested and enjoy it. lollerz
Only 50!!!! You're just a KID. If I were 50 (again) I'd be selling mine to start another for sure. I never was able to get the car of my dreams, but the one I have now is close. Cars are like women I guess. We always dream of the one we can't have. For me it would be a 1971 Mach 1, fully optioned, in Grabber Lime, black-outs and stripe kit, black interior. I'm 72 now and unless I win the lottery, it'll remain a dream.

I had a 72 Mach 1 Q code that I sold because I was starting a new life with a new wife and felt I didn't have time to get it back as I wanted it, Regretted it ever since... selling the car I mean!!

You have just spent many hours getting it back running. I'm sure if you started the bodywork, you'd find that motivation again. If this is truly NOT the car of your dreams, you have no 'love' for it, then sell it and buy the car that is.

Truth is we're never truly happy no matter what we have or buy. Health is far more important by a long shot. I just received news today that a close friend and classic car lover, albeit a Camaro, just passed away at 71. Life's too short, get it done now!

Geoff

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd make sure the mechanicals are all good or new and drive it as is. Put a standard interior in it and enjoy it. It may not be restored, but you will not worry about parking next to other cars, a little rain, or any of the things that keep people from driving their cars. There is a freedom to use it and enjoy it the way you would have when it was just a used car, not a precious heirloom.

Back