Valve cover suggestions for 351C

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
My engine builder needs me to send him valve covers. I was planning on just using my factory ones but I'm not sure they will fit? We're using the Scorpion full rollers. Do I need to go tall or will the factory ones work? If tall what are goods ones that aren't ridiculously expensive? Thanks

The factory ones would not fit over my roller rockers. I used trick flow ones. I purchased a set of Procomp ones (I know most of their stuff is junk, but how bad can your screw up a set of valve covers). They fit perfect, look good and were pretty cheap.

Here is a link to the ones I purchased. They include the oil baffles, you do have to install them though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/fits-Ford-302-351C-Cleveland-Black-Finned-Aluminum-Valve-Covers-Tall-w-Hole/302236560282?epid=6004746492&hash=item465eb3eb9a:g:G9MAAOSwR6RaBEcm:rk:10:pf:0

When I originally did them silver , I powder coated them. Ran them like that a few years then my battery boiled over on them and made them nasty. So I scuffed them and painted them satin black. 

Those are the exact ones I was looking at last year!  I really like them. But all ones I found were from Australia and shipping was around $100.
So is says it would be 318.90 AUD shipped. So there is a exchange rate factor here right?!? 318.90 AUD comes out to 225.83 USD. In the end I would only expect to pay 225.83 right? Still wouldn't mind cheaper ones but I'm not really seeing anything I like. I really do like these though...

Those are the exact ones I was looking at last year!  I really like them. But all ones I found were from Australia and shipping was around $100.
So is says it would be 318.90 AUD shipped. So there is a exchange rate factor here right?!? 318.90 AUD comes out to 225.83 USD. In the end I would only expect to pay 225.83 right? Still wouldn't mind cheaper ones but I'm not really seeing anything I like. I really do like these though...
They are the ones I have and they fit perfectly plus they clear the tall Scorpion rockers, fasteners supplied

Sometimes they have a 20% off sale and that's when I bought mine for about $140AUD

Maybe if I see them on special again I'll buy a couple of sets and if anyone wants some at whatever they cost plus postage, hmm maybe can do a bulk buy?

They are the ones I have and they fit perfectly plus they clear the tall Scorpion rockers, fasteners supplied

Sometimes they have a 20% off sale and that's when I bought mine for about $140AUD

Maybe if I see them on special again I'll buy a couple of sets and if anyone wants some at whatever they cost plus postage, hmm maybe can do a bulk buy?
Would be interesting to see. I really like these. The only other ones that I'm having interest in a pretty expensive and that is the blue thunder ones.

Would be interesting to see. I really like these. The only other ones that I'm having interest in a pretty expensive and that is the blue thunder ones.
If you're getting up into the $2-300 range, you might as well pay $1-150 more and get the bad boys...they really are made well and the screw in breathers/pcv/filler caps w/ the o-rings are definitely trick...no leaky rubber grommets. Seriously, give my car a detail and you'll make that difference in the detail!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

I am planing on going to Australia for Christmas. I think I should bring back one extra bag full of stuff. My wife may not be too happy. I just need to bring one pair of underwear and socks. lollerz :whistling: :chin:

Back