Seat release motor on Ebay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve DO NOT buy it for your Mustang ... at least not for your 71-3 Mustangs.

That did not come in a 71-3

My 73 vert has the seatback release actuators and they look very different than the one on eBay..

These are what they should be....

Pegleg, not sure where the seller found his part on the donor 72 Mach1. As Don posted this is not a 71-73 part. This part appears to be a power door lock actuator which was never offered on the 71-73 Mustang or Cougar. There are two different seat back release solenoids used on the 71-73 Mustang and Cougar. The early model with the center mounted latch handle (ID# D1ZB-AA) and the later outboard version (D1ZB-AB)

Early Center Latch Version D1ZB-AA

Later Outboard Latch Version D1ZB-AB

Got them on the 73, permanently disconnected them.

No more annoying  "klunk"s. Useless things :)
I like watching these little gadgets flip up the seat back release lever every time I open the door.   :D

My car has those, was that an option or on all cars?

Not currently connected.

mike
In 1973 and maybe in 71 and 72 as well, the automatic seat back releases were part of the Convenience Group Package, which also included the trunk and hood lights, map light, glovebox light, headlights-on warning buzzer, under the dash courtesy lights (standard on verts), Parking brake warning light and glovebox lock. 

Very nice option to have.

The automatic seat back release was not a stand alone option but was part of the Convenience Group option as posted by Rich. It was a $51.00 option and considering all that it included was a bargain even when adjusted to today's dollar. There was a engineering/supplier problem that delayed the availability of the automatic seat back release on the 71 Mustang until 1/71. Vehicles equipped with the Convenience Group and  built prior to 1/71 would reflect a partial credit on the window sticker for the missing automatic seat back release  components.

The automatic seat back release was not a stand alone option but was part of the Convenience Group option as posted by Rich. It was a $51.00 option and considering all that it included was a bargain even when adjusted to today's dollar. There was a engineering/supplier problem that delayed the availability of the automatic seat back release on the 71 Mustang until 1/71. Vehicles equipped with the Convenience Group and  built prior to 1/71 would reflect a partial credit on the window sticker for the missing automatic seat back release  components.
My Marti report shows my 71 was built November 1970. It also shows "Convenience group credit for deletion of automatic seat release from convenience group $20"

So that made it a $31 option for the trunk and hood lights, map light, glovebox light, headlights-on warning buzzer, under the dash courtesy lights (standard on verts), Parking brake warning light and glovebox lock. That makes the convenience group even better value for money

Back