floor pans

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markc

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
hey everyone. ive been thinking about doing my floors over this spring. there are a lot of pans out there and i was looking for opinions on fit and quality, thanks.

A must is the 71-73 specific floors, the 65-70 (actually 65-68, 69-70 have different ribbing) floors don't fit correctly and the floor support is in a different location. Don't think the $50 you'll save buying the early floors is worth it, it's not.

I bought the 71-73 floors when they first came out in the early 2000's. don't recall the brand I purchased, but they fit just fine. Just be warned that many advertise the seat platforms as "coupe & fastback", which is incorrect. The sportsroof platform is shorter to place the seat lower in the car.

A must is the 71-73 specific floors, the 65-70 (actually 65-68, 69-70 have different ribbing) floors don't fit correctly and the floor support is in a different location. Don't think the $50 you'll save buying the early floors is worth it, it's not.

I bought the 71-73 floors when they first came out in the early 2000's. don't recall the brand I purchased, but they fit just fine. Just be warned that many advertise the seat platforms as "coupe & fastback", which is incorrect. The sportsroof platform is shorter to place the seat lower in the car.
good to know mr hemikiller,thank you

hey everyone. ive been thinking about doing my floors over this spring. there are a lot of pans out there and i was looking for opinions on fit and quality, thanks.
I've just ordered the CJPP "CJ Classic" left and right floor pans, and dynacorn seat platforms. will know in a week or so if they're the optimal parts when I start fitting them. From what I've read, there will always be the need to do some fettling, i.e. no panels are perfect.

I've just ordered the CJPP "CJ Classic" left and right floor pans, and dynacorn seat platforms. will know in a week or so if they're the optimal parts when I start fitting them. From what I've read, there will always be the need to do some fettling, i.e. no panels are perfect.
i didnt know they made seat platforms for 73s. cjs has them?

They are too tall for fastback. You will need to modify and shorten them or you will be banging your head off the ceiling. I believe someone on here has modified them and posted a thread on this.

I would suggest you replace the whole pan and not just put the patches in. You will spend way more time trying to get the patches to fit than doing the whole pan. Now getting it inside a fastback body I cannot say on that one convertible much easier.

I have a friend that restores lots of cars and if he cannot slip the floor in from the bottom or top he actually splits in in the middle and puts it in two pieces.

The finished car will look much better also.

I doubt if there is more than one set of tools to stamp the floors just putting a different label on them in Taiwan, lol.

I have a 72 Q vert that the PO put patches in and I am going to cut the floor out and put a whole floor in.

I used Dynacorn's and they fit well. I replaced most of the left and right panels. My tunnel was in good shape.

For the floor under the rear seats they don't have the 71-73 panels so I used the 70 panel which was a decent fit that needed just a few tweaks.

I have a friend who installed a one-piece floor in his 71 fastback, he fit it thru the windshield. I agree with David it is more work to install two-piece floors. That said, I had the two piece floors installed in my vert. My tunnel was just fine and my preference (priority) was keeping as much intact as possible. Used Dynacorn floors and reused my vert seat platforms.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a friend who installed a one-piece floor in his 71 fastback, he fit it thru the windshield. I agree with David it is more work to install two-piece floors.  That said, I had the two piece floors installed in my vert.  My tunnel was just fine and my preference (priority) was keeping as much intact as possible. Used Dynacorn floors and reused my vert seat platforms.

thanks guys. my floors arnt in too bad of a shape. some rot here and there. i think im going with two full length panels. ive heard of dynacorn before. still not sure of what brand. supposed to be a no prep weld panel out there. not sure about that.

I have a friend who installed a one-piece floor in his 71 fastback, he fit it thru the windshield. I agree with David it is more work to install two-piece floors.  That said, I had the two piece floors installed in my vert.  My tunnel was just fine and my preference (priority) was keeping as much intact as possible. Used Dynacorn floors and reused my vert seat platforms.

thanks guys. my floors arnt in too bad of a shape. some rot here and there. i think im going with two full length panels. ive heard of dynacorn before. still not sure of what brand. supposed to be a no prep weld panel out there. not sure about that.
That is a  great chassis jig they used to hold body correctly. Where was that shop?

That is a  great chassis jig they used to hold body correctly. Where was that shop?
In Maryland on the eastern shore.

Back