intake manifold

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code 4 speed
1973 Chevelle 454 SS
2005 Magnum RT
2008 Colorado
I ran across this fella who has a lot of 351 4V parts he's willing to part with. One of them is a aluminum intake #D1ZX-9425-DA. Will it fit my nasa hood and what is a good fair offer if it will?

This is a pretty darned rare manifold, as it was only used on the Boss 351. I sold one 3 years ago for nearly $1,000 on E-bay. $200 is a extremely low-ball offer, if the guy who's selling it knows anything about it (and it sounds as if he does). Also, you can really only use it with Cleveland 4V heads. It'll bolt onto 2V heads, but you'll have a very turbulent airflow into the motor because of badly-mismatched intake port sizes.

The -DA manifold is the aftermarket Ford MuscleParts intake that takes a squarebore Holley carb. It is an excellent intake and is worth about $400 last time I checked. The -CA was the factory installed Boss 351 spreadbore intake and is worth about $1000, possibly more...

I have a -DA intake and have run it on a couple motors. It is basically an aluminum version of the iron 4V intake with larger carb ports to fit the 700CFM and up carbs. If you're not concerned with originality or the cool factor of that intake, the Blue Thunder intakes are better performers and are in the $400 range IIRC.

The -DA manifold is the aftermarket Ford MuscleParts intake that takes a squarebore Holley carb. It is an excellent intake and is worth about $400 last time I checked. The -CA was the factory installed Boss 351 spreadbore intake and is worth about $1000, possibly more...

I have a -DA intake and have run it on a couple motors. It is basically an aluminum version of the iron 4V intake with larger carb ports to fit the 700CFM and up carbs. If you're not concerned with originality or the cool factor of that intake, the Blue Thunder intakes are better performers and are in the $400 range IIRC.
Appreciate all the input. I already have a Weiand 7517 X-ellerator and I see it appears to sit a little lower than the DA.

I purchased the Nasa set up from a freind and even though it's not 4V stock option(I never could figure that 2V, 4V option seems bassakwards to me.) Anyone know what height carb spacer I would need for the hood to function properly. I figure the DA would be a nice option to have since it's Ford aftermarket.

intakes height 2.jpgThat is a great intake. Compare it to the pictures below. The blue one is stock 71 4V, the aluminum is the View attachment 4214blue thunder which is similar to the DA intake. Chuckintake height diff.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back