1972 q code 4 speed vert

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a really nice and rare car that deserves to be restored to original. Will look great with the original color and white top. Great find.
thank you jeff is the ram air hood part of the decor group
In 1972 the cars with the 351 CJ engine got the NASA hood or as some like to call it the Ram Air Hood as standard. One thing to note if your restoring to original is that this hood was ALL body color. Even though they came with this hood none of the convertibles got the blackout center portion. Here is a pic of my 72 Q code restored to original. It's build date is just a few days from yours.

image uploader

That is a really nice and rare car that deserves to be restored to original. Will look great with the original color and white top. Great find.
thank you jeff is the ram air hood part of the decor group
In 1972 the cars with the 351 CJ engine got the NASA hood or as some like to call it the Ram Air Hood as standard. One thing to note if your restoring to original is that this hood was ALL body color. Even though they came with this hood none of the convertibles got the blackout center portion. Here is a pic of my 72 Q code restored to original. It's build date is just a few days from yours.

image uploader
your car look great i can see the orginal color under the red on the hood dont no why they change the color i really like the yellow gold

Great find and well optioned.

I believe in 72 if you got ram air you got the hood black and hood locks with vert. I do not know if it was a stand alone options in 72 for hood locks and black out or not. In 73 it was an $18.00 option.

A word of caution. If you take the door panels off or rear side panels. The 71 72 power window bezels have to little clips that attach them. You have to slide a thin small screw driver under the front and back edge of the chrome to release the clips. If you try to pry them off they will break. They are difficult to find and $45.00 each if you can find them. 

This is the clip for the passanger control and the two rear. The drivers has a larger clip but also has to be released to remove the bezel and then the door panel.

The front PW motors are readily available but the rear Pancake are also difficult to find. West Coast Cougar has a video on their web site on the rebuild of them. The grease gets dried up and can burn the motor out. Use the Red N Tacky #2 Lucas grease works much better than the old white grease.

You will also see that the front door glass is different from manual window cars. It has an arch in it to clear the PW drive. Again difficult to find.

Another difficult to locate item on your car is the Decor Group side trim. Be careful removing has both nuts and clips holding it. It is aluminum so bends easily.

Great car to build for sure. Trade you an Automatic 72 Q vert for it, lol.

Back