• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB 351c std block

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyhunts

Reaction score
My Car
68 pro street coupe- 351c4v
Looking for a Standard block that can be bored.

Or a fresh .030 over one.

Would prefer 4bolt, but would consider 2bolt.

Located in Houston Texas.

Can text me at (832) 833-0893

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can buy new blocks in iron or aluminum. Meyer just came out with them a couple months back. I do not know price probably in this info. https://www.tmeyerinc.com/product/track-boss-cleveland-block/

The new blocks are much stronger and can go way over on the C.I..

I am running a .050" over block with flat top pistons and 2-V heads with no issues. I do run ethanol free.

I would recommend you not buy a block already bored. You need your pistons before you bore so you can hone for the correct clearances. If you use cast pistons and it is bored for Forged it will have way too much clearance.

I picked one up last year with crank and rods for $500 from one of the members.

There is also a facebook page for Clevelands and stuff for sell for them. Meyer has info there also.

2 bolt and 4 bolt blocks are exactly the same and can be machined for the 4 bolt caps. Unless you are going to punish it you will never know the difference.

Casting numbers are even the same on 2 bolt as 4 bolt you have to look inside to know for sure.

How soon do you need one

I have 5-6 candidates - need to be disassembled and checked

Well, I’m stuck in mud until I get a replacement.

Searching all options at this point.

78b1513e510906ed430635ef0d07d289.jpg
411b8ab9c12c451f3fb9ac30b8cd086f.jpg

Shouldn't be too hard to locate a 351C block in Texas.

Here's the 351C forum

http://351c.net/board/

This guy has a bunch of Cleveland parts in Arlington, TX. Might be worth an email.

http://351c.net/board/index.php?/topic/4866-assorted-351c-parts-4-sale-new-update-more-351c-parts-added-302-pan-460-headers/

Another thought might be to contact one of the builders like Tim Meyer who specializes in Clevelands, supply him with your parts and have him spec out and build the engine for you.

Got a couple good leads today..

Still working it...

Do you guys have a recommendation on front sump oil oversized T pan for a 68 coupe 351c?

I’ve found a std bore 351c bolt block, but the guy is asking top top dollar at $900.

It’s making me crazy.

I’d like to have it, but I feel like I’m being violated and taken advantage of.

I get the supply demand thing.

HOUSTON

Damn,I have a standard bore block you can have for free but I really don't want to ship it.may need to bore it but it is standard.

Very nice of you.

I traded for a standard bore 4bolt block as a starting point for my new build.

Thank you for the offer.

Mike

Back