Received Valve Covers from VPW in Australia today (not good)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
I had high hopes for these but I'm very disappointed right now. The box came with zero damage to it but...the hardware was lose in the box and scratched one of the covers and the other clearly has machine marks that is just poor craftsmanship. You can see in the pics how there are flat spots. Not sure how this will be handled since there is zero damage to the box? There is nothing to file with an insurance company. Now I'm not putting the company in a bad light yet...have to see how they respond to my claim. Just wanted to post my disappointment.

Wow, that's some seriously bad QC, or the company just doesn't give a f*** and sent them to you because you're half a world away. Those marks are from poor casting techniques, not machining. The covers are cast aluminum. so what comes out of the mold is usually pretty close to a finished product minus some minor finishing. Looks to me like the material is shrinking excessively as it cools.

i bought a pair of cheap aluminum ones and had them powder coated. they look pretty good

That's a shame, mine arrived fine and the fasteners were taped up

Hopefully you get some satisfaction from them

From what I know the Proflow gear is mostly made in China (isn't most stuff?)

I recently purchased a B&M Shifter expecting made in USA but of course on the box made in China, seems well built though

Unfortunately due to the almighty dollar we have to put up with what we can get sometimes

I liked the Ford Performance valve covers but couldn't justify the cost and not sure they would clear the Scorpion rockers

Good luck and keep us posted and if you don't get satisfaction soon PM me and will call them myself

You would have thought they would have taped the hardware to the inside of the covers. The box being undamaged should make your case stronger as they cant blame poor shipping company for any damage

I had high hopes for these but I'm very disappointed right now. The box came with zero damage to it but...the hardware was lose in the box and scratched one of the covers and the other clearly has machine marks that is just poor craftsmanship. You can see in the pics how there are flat spots. Not sure how this will be handled since there is zero damage to the box? There is nothing to file with an insurance company. Now I'm not putting the company in a bad light yet...have to see how they respond to my claim. Just wanted to post my disappointment.
 I would definitely provide the link to this thread in my correspondence with them... Letting them know that their potential market is watching how they handled this. That should influence them to some degree...

I would definitely provide the link to this thread in my correspondence with them... Letting them know that their potential market is watching how they handled this. That should influence them to some degree...
So far I've not heard anything which concerns me. My email would have reached them before they opened yesterday and still don't have a response. These were purchased through their ebay store. I've already filed the return claim and ebay said to give it until tomorrow before they get involved.

It just sucks that they don't make nice tall valve covers to clear the scorpion rockers.

Something like that should have been stretch or shrink wrapped then foam and then the box. Even if air shipped the vibrations in cargo will scuff the surface. No excuse for loose hardware either.

We made lots of different products for customers. There were always shipping trials to see if parts and packaging would hold up. We would ship from S.C. to California and back and review the pack.

We made monitor stands for Compac Computer when in business. We stamped the parts did the MIG welded assembly sent to the powder coating shop and after paint they installed the plastic feet, scuff pads on them label on product. They then placed in plastic bag and inserted into packaging with the multitude of instructions in every language. They were sent around the world to multiple distribution warehouses and then to the final customer. Never any complaints.

Those covers probably need to be in plastic then Styrofoam end caps put on to suspend it in the box to prevent scuffs or damage from hits. You can't just put it in a box and send.

When you do get in touch with them be respectful and they will you also.

Something like that should have been stretch or shrink wrapped then foam and then the box. Even if air shipped the vibrations in cargo will scuff the surface. No excuse for loose hardware either.

We made lots of different products for customers. There were always shipping trials to see if parts and packaging would hold up. We would ship from S.C. to California and back and review the pack.

We made monitor stands for Compac Computer when in business. We stamped the parts did the MIG welded assembly sent to the powder coating shop and after paint they installed the plastic feet, scuff pads on them label on product. They then placed in plastic bag and inserted into packaging with the multitude of instructions in every language. They were sent around the world to multiple distribution warehouses and then to the final customer. Never any complaints.

Those covers probably need to be in plastic then Styrofoam end caps put on to suspend it in the box to prevent scuffs or damage from hits. You can't just put it in a box and send.

When you do get in touch with them be respectful and they will you also.
Hey Dave, I'm the type person who always takes the "honey" vs "Vinegar" approach 1st. The bigger problem I have is the condition on the casting being that there is zero damage to the box. This were put into the box looking like this, minus the scratches that I'm sure happened with the lose hardware. Hopefully they make this right somehow. I'm already looking for alternative valve covers.

OMG... I feel so sorry for a fellow Cleveland owner.  :-/  I Hope you get compensated.  Aussies only know two things... Kangaroos and blowing a horn that only has one note. :poke:

So it's been 48hrs and haven't received a reply from the company. I've attempted to email them through their website and the ebay store it was purchased from. I do not recommend anyone order from this company and I can only hope the ebay staff can help recover some of my cost. It's a shame because I was looking forward to using these valve covers. Wish someone made a set in the US that were black like this that said 408C or something? Either way I'll report back that ebay does. For now I'd say they've had enough time to get back to me and the company discredit can begin...

Back