American Autowire Classic Update Kit - 1971-73 Ford Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to rip the guts out of my stang and upgrade all the wiring, but damn, that's a crap ton of work. Maybe one day when its all blown apart to paint I will get to that. It would be great to have some modern fuses and wiring.

I actually have this kit. My car is completely stripped for a restoration and this option is much cheaper and easier than getting someone to make one up.

I have no comment.

Actually, I do, but I'll keep quiet.

I actually have this kit. My car is completely stripped for a restoration and this option is much cheaper and easier than getting someone to make one up.
You should have sent your harnesses to Midlife, a forum supporter and advertiser, for refurbishing. All circuits would then be easily traceable with the original circuit diagrams.

I messaged Midlife a while back and this turned out to be a better option. Keep in mind that I’m in Australia so that creates another issue.

This kit was the easiest option for me personally. I can easily install it myself. I don’t know how it is in America, but over here good auto electricians and insanely expensive. Getting one made up would cost a small fortune, more than twice what this kit is worth. It works for me but I can’t speak for everyone though.

I messaged Midlife a while back and this turned out to be a better option. Keep in mind that I’m in Australia so that creates another issue.

This kit was the easiest option for me personally. I can easily install it myself. I don’t know how it is in America, but over here good auto electricians and insanely expensive. Getting one made up would cost a small fortune, more than twice what this kit is worth. It works for me but I can’t speak for everyone though.
Did you actually install this already? Any comments on the quality? Are the wire colors correct?

I'm going to replace mine eventually as well and though I recognise Midlife's good reputation this is certainly another option.

I have not installed it yet, still a while away from that. But it seems idiot proof. Everything is very clearly labelled and seems high quality. Not sure on the wire colours as I don’t know the original colours. Your best bet is to contact them directly.

Back