1973 mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71miguel73

Reaction score
My Car
Currently don’t have one but looking for a 71-73 mach 1
Hello I came across this 1973 mustang mach 1, it doesn’t have a lot of info on the ad. The engine is not the original. The engine is apart and needs to be put back. I would like to know what you guys think about the car and what you thing it’s worth. Thanks

No pictures of the floors, trunk, or underneath make it difficult to say whether or not the price is good. Based on the dent in the left front fender and the fresh paint on the door and rear quarter I would suspect his $13,000 appraisal is bogus. People usually show the best side when they have just a few pictures, so who knows what the right side looks like. You don't know how much damage the car suffered in the accident that caused the left side to need to be repainted. As others on the forum have found, when they get a car that needs to be completed, especially an engine, there will be parts missing or not repairable.

And, when you compare it to Wade's car I would say that it is way too high.

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-is-my-price-unreasonable

Last edited by a moderator:
No pictures of the floors, trunk, or underneath make it difficult to say whether or not the price is good. Based on the dent in the left front fender and the fresh paint on the door and rear quarter I would suspect his $13,000 appraisal is bogus. People usually show the best side when they have just a few pictures, so who knows what the right side looks like. You don't know how much damage the car suffered in the accident that caused the left side to need to be repainted. As others on the forum have found, when they get a car that needs to be completed, especially an engine, there will be parts missing or not repairable.

Yea your right. I also wish that car was an auto

LOL, never seen an original AC Delco radio in a Ford.

Maybe 3,000 if numbers match on the engine / trans. Hacked up wasted hood, needs everything. Floor and trunk probably gone, tail light panel for sure and probably cowl. Might be just a parts car.

Hound stooth is another GM thing on Camaro. He must be a GM guy. That would be Mach 1 Sports Interior Option.

David, with all the GM references aside, at least the seller didn’t say it has a “Posi” rear end. Probably not a thing with most people, but as a lifelong Ford only owner, Ford differentials with Traction Lok referred to as Posi drives me crazy! :mad:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea your right. I also wish that car was an auto
It is an automatic, he states it has a C-6. However, I spy a small brake pedal, so the car was probably originally a stick. 

I'm going to flip this around a bit and look at the car for it's merits. 

It appears to be a real 73 Mach, with the M1 sports interior option with tach etc. Console, clock etc. Nice color combo. don't "see" any real rust, but who knows. Taillight panel needs some love for sure. Interior is awful nice for a car from the Southwest, so I'll say it's been garaged most of it's life. 

The difference in the paint weathering usually means that it's been partially repainted at some point. 

It might be worth a look-see, just to figure out what it is. Not worth $12K for sure, more in the $6~$8k range, but money talks.....

Back