Original WATERPUMP colour!??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang sportsroof
1970 Mustang Hardtop
1972 Mercedes Benz 350 SLC European Version
1950 Ford Custom coupé
Hey guys!! I have the new waterpump for my car (horrible finished repro of course) and i´m going to paint it to match factory specs before i put it on the car...

I´m not happy with the finishing this iron fundition have but... i have to think in the driving condition first :(

Well... I think is blue its original colour as the rest of the engine but as some 7173 mustangs have some parts in silver paint to match bare metal colour i prefer to ask you guys what´s the way to go :)

I also have to repaint my fan blade... i believe the original colour is semi gloss black but i´ve seen some original mustangs with a Yellow fan blade too so... again i ask!

Thanks guys!! :)

A caveat; I have never researched I-6 engines. However, I can't imagine Ford painting the water pump a color different than the rest of the engine. Equally certain the fan should be semi-gloss black. Let me know if you find different information. Chuck

I'm almost certain my original water pump was the same color as the engine on my "L" code, but I know I replaced it once back in the 80's. It's blue now anyway!

Engine compartments are like a blank canvas you can do whatever your heart desires. I had an 88 Cougar that I bought when I lived up north and natually hadmud flaps installed on the rear quarters to protect from road salt. When I moved to North Carolina in 88 I had this one fellow for about a year constantly stated how ugly and unnecessary those flaps were.

I told him for $12,000 he could take them off.

Engine compartments are like a blank canvas you can do whatever your heart desires. I had an 88 Cougar that I bought when I lived up north and natually hadmud flaps installed on the rear quarters to protect from road salt. When I moved to North Carolina in 88 I had this one fellow for about a year constantly stated how ugly and unnecessary those flaps were.

I told him for $12,000 he could take them off.

lollerz :goodone:

Back