Pictures of the underside

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
I had to take some pictures of the car today for the insurance company. Here are some pictures of the underside

d20 dice generator

The long spring on the left needs rust treatment/electrolysis and zinc plating along with the bracket needs paint stripping, rust treatment, electrolysis, zinc plating and painting

Crossmember needs some work. The power steering pump had a leek and fluid ran down over crossmember. That will need rubbing back and spraying again

hindsight is a wonder thing. I now realise after cleaning the breaklines before they went back in i should have given them a coat of clear coat and then installed them. Its a job i am not looking forward to removing, cleaning, spraying, re-installing brakelines!!!

Final picture of the trunk. Really happy with how this turned out

Looking great much cleaner than anything I have for sure.

One note is the trunk came with spatter paint but yours is a Grande and I think I have read they came with a trunk mat. Was the Grande spatter painted before the mat or not?

Here is what my original Mach 1 looks like. I have never found one that matches way too dark and spatter not right. This was before I cleaned it. It is all clean and spare and jack in place.

Back