Intro

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rickam,  I had already welcomed you in your previous post about acquiring your Mach1.

Then....I saw that beautiful 63 XL vert parked next to your Mach 1 in this intro post. I am a huge fan of the 60's Galaxies from Ford's Total Performance days!  I tried to expand the picture to see what color the  engine fender emblem is but then became too fuzzy. Is that a 390, early 406 or a 427 car?

I became hooked on those cars when i saw my first XL in 1963. We lived in Memphis, school was out for the summer, and I was riding my bicycle near the Holiday Inn headquarters close to where we lived. I saw a black 63 Ford in the employees parking lot so I rode closer to get a better look. She turned out to be a 63 1/2 fastback XL with a 427,  (Gold engine fender emblems) red bucket seat interior, and 15" wheels that had the spinner style wheel covers unique to the 427 cars.

I've been hooked on them ever since!    :)

Rickam,  I had already welcomed you in your previous post about acquiring your Mach1.

Then....I saw that beautiful 63 XL vert parked next to your Mach 1 in this intro post. I am a huge fan of the 60's Galaxies from Ford's Total Performance days!  I tried to expand the picture to see what color the  engine fender emblem is but then became too fuzzy. Is that a 390, early 406 or a 427 car?

I became hooked on those cars when i saw my first XL in 1963. We lived in Memphis, school was out for the summer, and I was riding my bicycle near the Holiday Inn headquarters close to where we lived. I saw a black 63 Ford in the employees parking lot so I rode closer to get a better look. She turned out to be a 63 1/2 fastback XL with a 427,  (Gold engine fender emblems) red bucket seat interior, and 15" wheels that had the spinner style wheel covers unique to the 427 cars.

I've been hooked on them ever since!    :)

Welcome from Oklahoma. Like Steve, I love FE powered Galaxies. My first ride in a fast car was a 1963 1/2 Galaxie 500 XL. 427 2x4V 4 speed. It was insanely fast compared to anything I'd ridden in at he time. I've been hooked on speed ever since. Chuck

Back