71 Grabber Green Metallic M code convertible

9-FFDB986-4-DE2-4959-89-CE-7263-C5-A36518.jpg

788-BB8-A9-33-B8-49-CC-AF2-C-552-AA0-D7-C972.jpg

F60-A4-FF7-B784-4847-996-F-086-D8-EEAA197.jpg

F835-E7-A8-463-D-4-D92-A4-AC-713131882-EB2.jpg

7-EBB3130-6-F51-4-E90-B1-C8-4-DD6-EC58-F51-B.jpg

249-B6553-B3-D8-4-B64-A475-D5-DEFEBAEE72.jpg

Hi all, I’ve been missing in action for almost a year since first joining & posting first photos of my car, but things are now moving!

What was originally going to be a relatively gentle clean up & partial respray has become a full respray.  Here’s a few snaps of the progress...... should have some final photos this week.  Then its off to get new roof installed & re-assembling.

Richard Verco

1971 M Code Convertible Grabber Green Metallic

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! A good friend of mine on here also has a 71 M code convertible.

Yours looks like it will be ultra nice.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:  Painting complete.....I’m loving the colour!!  Now, the fun part begins.....putting it back together.

DC6-E913-F-CFD3-4-D6-C-B95-C-7-DAF36-AA72-FC.jpg

2290-D00-B-96-E8-4-EC4-847-B-528-FF553-E72-D.jpg

FFEAB1-DE-7-C7-C-4-B05-BBD6-669869-D62-B7-E.jpg

1510-B4-FF-28-BC-485-E-B638-896-ABD10-E83-D.jpg

56-E39791-6-FC4-416-C-9666-E434-A126688-E.jpg

6-BFB18-CD-3-B38-4-A6-A-98-D1-3-F6-CAF3-F94-D7.jpg

Richard Verco

Looks great! It is the fun part to re-assemble. All those cleaned up parts going back onto a fresh shiny paint job. I really enjoy that part. Hope you do too.

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)

Beautiful job so far, absolutely love the color. I am quite partial to it as you can see from my avatar pic. heh

Beautiful job so far, absolutely love the color.  I am quite partial to it as you can see from my avatar pic.  heh

Thanks mate, your car looks great.... I'm really struggling to decide if I go with a black bonnet and hockey side stripe or not. Didn't from the factory, but reckon they look great.

Richard Verco

Beautiful job so far, absolutely love the color.  I am quite partial to it as you can see from my avatar pic.  heh

Thanks mate, your car looks great.... I'm really struggling to decide if I go with a black bonnet and hockey side stripe or not. Didn't from the factory, but reckon they look great.

I sure wish I could paint that well, the car looks great. Try it without and see if you like it. Info, you can add them later. I did that and decided I wanted the blacked out hood even though it did not come with it. Chuck

Thanks mate, your car looks great.... I'm really struggling to decide if I go with a black bonnet and hockey side stripe or not. Didn't from the factory, but reckon they look great

Just my opinion, but would go without the hockey sticks. The green is striking on its own. I think the black NASA hood however would go well if you are going black roof/interior.

Bookend 71 b1, scj convertible.

I agree with the others- perhaps go with the black on the hood but hold off on the side stripes.  That finish looks amazing and you will be blinded by it when looking out over the hood.  lol  The hockey stick stripes have just been done to death.  Now I think it's so cool to see a Mach 1 that came with the trim along the lower body and no side strips, and just the Mach 1 decals (understanding you have a convertible).  Don't get me wrong, they look great, but they have been added to so many cars.  You could always add them down the road.  And of course it's your car and you'll think long and hard about this decision.  Maybe you just want to go for it and have everything completed at the same time.  Do you have other '71 to '73 Mustangs at local shows where you already see a lot of the side stripes, or not?  If you do add them, just don't clear coat over top of them.  I still think it's awesome that so many people outside of the US are into these cars and have the means to restore and drive them.

I'm with donkost here. some colors just don't need any help to look good. I'd be inclined to do the lower body blackout, just because it makes the car look leaner, with just a 1/4" pinstripe at the top like the stripe cars received.

Grabber Green is one of my favorite colors, took a lot of parts off a M1 in a local wrecking yard back in the day that was GG wthe M1 Sports interior in white. a very striking color combo.