WINTER, will it ever end?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, M code, 4 speed.
WINTER, will it ever end? Woke up today to 2" of freakin snow!! I have had enough already.  My car is ready for the road, license sticker for the year is on, rebuilt shifter is in and will be installing new tires tomorrow or Tuesday weather permitting. I have a buddy with a mobile "tire shop" and will have to change them in my driveway as unfortunately I don't have a nice double car garage. Then I need more heavy rain to wash the over abundance of salt off the roads...… again.

I'm just getting an overwhelming urge to get out and drive.

Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear you Geoff, enough already! Woke up to about the same, more damn snow. I had to go and put my shovel away so now I’m snowed in, lol. Not getting it back out of the shed.

I hope you have a couple nice days so you can get your tires on, and then get try out that new shifter. And of course break those new tires loose a bit too!

I hear you Geoff, enough already! Woke up to about the same, more damn snow. I had to go and put my shovel away so now I’m snowed in, lol. Not getting it back out of the shed.

I hope you have a couple nice days so you can get your tires on, and then get try out that new shifter. And of course break those new tires loose a bit too!
 Damn right!!

Not in Michigan winter is still around.. I just got my car back from the shop and want to drive it. I had the leaking C6 rebuilt and the noisy PS pump replaced. I still need to replace one of the dash light and put the clock and console back in if it ever warms up so I can work on it. I am sick of winter!!!

John J

Last edited by a moderator:
I wore shorts for the first time on Saturday but a cold front came in that had our highs in the 50's.

WINTER, will it ever end? Woke up today to 2" of freakin snow!! I have had enough already.  My car is ready for the road, license sticker for the year is on, rebuilt shifter is in and will be installing new tires tomorrow or Tuesday weather permitting. I have a buddy with a mobile "tire shop" and will have to change them in my driveway as unfortunately I don't have a nice double car garage. Then I need more heavy rain to wash the over abundance of salt off the roads...… again.

Geoff.
Time to move back to the UK or over the border into America

I wore shorts for the first time on Saturday but a cold front came in that had our highs in the 50's.
 50's!! we wish. I'd be out driving if it were 50 degrees. Maybe in a week or so we'll see better temps and NO SNOW!!

It just gets frustrating this time of year. All of us who live "up North" have to deal with this every year.

At least today is sunny, but still only just at freezing...……… and it's April Fools day!

Geoff.

Geoff.
 Steve, with all the Brexit BS going on, not a freakin chance. Crap like that is why I got out in the first place. But the southern US might be nice, but then...…..

Not in Michigan winter is still around.. I just got my car back from the shop and want to drive it. I had the leaking C6 rebuilt and the noisy PS pump replaced. I still need to replace one of the dash light and put the clock and console back in if it ever warms up so I can work on it. I am tied of winter!!!

John J
Yeah that's the problem, winter is still around!

Hope you get the car completed and ready for Dearborn in August. See you there!

Geoff.

Geoff.
 Steve, with all the Brexit BS going on, not a freakin chance. Crap like that is why I got out in the first place. But the southern US might be nice, but then...…..
But then Tenerife. Part of Spain and uses Euro currency but not in the EU

Brexit will be good for UK if we leave with no deal. Half a billion people live in EU. Nearly 8 billion people live outside the EU. 15x more people live outside Eu we could free trade with. Third of global population live within the commonwealth. America, Canada, India, Japan, China, New Zealand, Australia are all queueing up to do trade deals with the UK. Its makes mathematical sense to leave EU with no deal. The German and French economy are moving into negative growth. Uk buys 50% of cars produced in Germany. Then theres all the French wine and cheese we import plus all the fresh fruit and veg from Spain. Eu need UK more than UK need them. EU will not allow any member state to have a free trade agreement unless it is done through the EU block. Thats strangling every country within the EU just like Europe did to Germany after the 1914-18 First World War. Unelected bureaucrats running the Eu

Haven't had the car out yet. But I left 3/15 and it was cold and roads still covered in salt. Got back last Thursday from Belize and weather has been sunny and in the 40's-50's with 60's on the forecast and looks like they cleaned most of the city streets while I was gone. Time to get some projects buttoned up on the car so I can enjoy it. Warm weather is coming, just hang in there.

Haven't had the car out yet. But I left 3/15 and it was cold and roads still covered in salt. Got back last Thursday from Belize and weather has been sunny and in the 40's-50's with 60's on the forecast and looks like they cleaned most of the city streets while I was gone. Time to get some projects buttoned up on the car so I can enjoy it. Warm weather is coming, just hang in there.
I'm hangin'!

But then Tenerife. Part of Spain and uses Euro currency but not in the EU

Brexit will be good for UK if we leave with no deal. Half a billion people live in EU. Nearly 8 billion people live outside the EU. 15x more people live outside Eu we could free trade with. Third of global population live within the commonwealth. America, Canada, India, Japan, China, New Zealand, Australia are all queueing up to do trade deals with the UK. Its makes mathematical sense to leave EU with no deal. The German and French economy are moving into negative growth. Uk buys 50% of cars produced in Germany. Then theres all the French wine and cheese we import plus all the fresh fruit and veg from Spain. Eu need UK more than UK need them. EU will not allow any member state to have a free trade agreement unless it is done through the EU block. Thats strangling every country within the EU just like Europe did to Germany after the 1914-18 First World War. Unelected bureaucrats running the Eu
Interesting take on it Steve. That mirrors what my best friend in Birmingham says. Hope it works out for the best, but really, what an embarrassing situation in the government.

Back