Repop mirrors

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
I know members do not rate Scott Drake products. I want to know if anyone has bought the chrome mirror from them? There website states their mirror will fit any 67-73 and it will fit left or right. They dont give any measurements on their website. If you visit CJPony the same mirror is advertised as a 67-68 only fitment.

If any member has a 67-70 Mustang could you please measure the distance between the mounting hole centres for me.

I know members do not rate Scott Drake products. I want to know if anyone has bought the chrome mirror from them? There website states their mirror will fit any 67-73 and it will fit left or right. They dont give any measurements on their website. If you visit CJPony the same mirror is advertised as a 67-68 only fitment.

If any member has a 67-70 Mustang could you please measure the distance between the mounting hole centres for me.
I use to have an original chrome mirror, but I gave it away. As I recall, the stock 71-73 chrome mirror base is shorter in length than the 71-73 sport mirrors, so the holes are closer together. I believe the forward/front mounting hole on the door is in the same location for the chrome and sport mirrors, but the rear hole will be a different location. Obviously, the plastic gasket is also shorter.

Knowing that the 71-73 casting numbers begin with: D1..... They are different than the 67-70 years. How different I don't know.

The 71-73 Chrome Mirror casting #: D1ZR-17743-AA

The 71-73 Gasket casting #: D1ZB-17C701-AA

Last edited by a moderator:

I use to have an original chrome mirror, but I gave it away. As I recall, the stock 71-73 chrome mirror base is shorter in length than the 71-73 sport mirrors, so the holes are closer together. I believe the forward/front mounting hole on the door is in the same location for the chrome and sport mirrors, but the rear hole will be a different location. Obviously, the plastic gasket is also shorter.

Knowing that the 71-73 casting numbers begin with: D1..... They are different than the 67-70 years. How different I don't know.

That might explain why it fits 71-73 if the chrome base is slightly smaller. I found out the repop from SD are 6 inch between centres. Too small as the sports mirrors have 6 1/4 inch between centres. Back to the drawing board

That might explain why it fits 71-73 if the chrome base is slightly smaller. I found out the repop from SD are 6 inch between centres. Too small as the sports mirrors have 6 1/4 inch between centres. Back to the drawing board
Steve I have the correct LH chrome short base rear view mirror

yJJzbTpjUbna.jpg

Steve I have the correct LH chrome short base rear view mirror

yJJzbTpjUbna.jpg
Don i want to fit a mirror that does not need new holes drilled because i want to fit sports mirrors when i take to a show. When i am driving with my left hand drive nearest the kerb i want to see whats coming before i make a maneuver and get wiped out by something i cant see. I need matching mirrors too

Back