Power steering question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
While I have everything out which by the way it was real fun getting the pitman arm off the linkage! Needed a pickle fork and Thors hammer to separate it. Anyway, the tag on the factory box is SPA-AF which I believe is a variable ratio. I didnt really drive this car before pulling it apart so I dont know how the stock one feels. Does it make sense to just send it out to powersteering.com and have him set it up for the faster ratio? I'm not worried about keeping things factory correct with this. She's a restomod.

That is precisely what I did on my 73 Mach 1 and I could not be happier.

How many miles on it? The tag on the box will tell you the ratio. Look up the number on the net.

If not a bunch of miles no need to rebuild. They do not put all new parts in just what they feel is needed. You might only get a new seal out of the deal.
The car only has 36K on it but wouldn't it be more about the feel in the wheel with the more modern ratio or am I missing the process here? I wouldn't be installing the factory ratio gears.

Latest posts

Back