Ebay Rant

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
I just asked a Ebay seller to create a new listing using global shipping program and he said no. :mad:

I explained to him his belts would cost $61 each in shipping and would be drastically cheaper using GSP. 2 belts = $122 shipping whereas another seller selling 2 belts would cost $28.85 shipping using GSP. Nearly $100 cheaper plus $20 cheaper import charges and delivered 10-14 days earlier. In reality using GSP is nearly free shipping when you take the shipping and import savings. :mad: 

You purchase a 100 items using GSP and you can begin to see how much saving is to be had and how much more you can buy :mad:

People are afraid of international shipping, because either a bad experience someone had ten years ago, or they are just too stubborn to learn about it. The GSP used to completely screw the buyer over with excess shipping and import charges, guess eBay figured out that you'd get more business if you didn't rape the rest of the world on inflated charges.

Hell, there's no way I could send the stuff to you as cheap as the GSP....

I estimate I spent close to $3-4K on shipping costs over the three year's I restored my vert and this was from Canada...

Being a lazy azz I would never bother with shipping abroad. I, a US citizen, did it once when I was living in Calgary and it quickly became a cluster phukk with export laws.

Yeah, so frustrating.

Some are not unwilling tho, I recall last year buy from a US junkyard the connector for my restored wipers motor. expensive as made of gold wires.

Contacted them and the guy mod right away. I think its because most are used to ship on US soil and they use what they know.

Even more frustrating is the tons of "free shipping on XX order" spam that I get in my mail.

SomePartShop mail:

Please order NOW, KUZ ITS THE BEST!

Free shipping!!! and we even add XX% off on top of that with code "we love our clients"!!

small letters in mail:

No discount or anything off for lesser earth citizen! You will pay more because we'll pick the most expensive carrier we can find for you, no choice,

with loads of insurance for us and that you will pay extra taxes on that is not our problem.

We hope to do business very soon even if you will pay 2 or 3 times the items prices, thx!

People are afraid of international shipping, because either a bad experience someone had ten years ago, or they are just too stubborn to learn about it. The GSP used to completely screw the buyer over with excess shipping and import charges, guess eBay figured out that you'd get more business if you didn't rape the rest of the world on inflated charges.

Hell, there's no way I could send the stuff to you as cheap as the GSP....
GSP changed for the better now.

Seller sells item. Sends to GSP centre. After it arrives at GSP centre Ebay do all international paperwork. When it arrives at GSP centre Ebay pay refund if item gets lost or damaged after that point. So sellers liability ends at GSP centre

As a buyer shipping lots cheaper and Ebay take import charges when buyer buys which means no 10-14 day hold up in customs. Ebay only charge import duty on item and NOT shipping costs. Buyer should be paying import charges on goods & services. Shipping is a service.

Where possible i now buy from Don, Ohio Mustang. I bet i have saved $1000's buying Don through GSP. Its the first service i look for when buying

Back