Bought my first Mach 1 last week!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Quinn

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q-Code 351 CJ
Brought home a 1973 Q-code last week. Drove it home 200 miles, from over in east Tennessee. Love it so far. 351 4v CJ engine, FMX tranny. No A/C, but I can't have everything! Looked aty a couple before this one that looked great from a distance, but this one looks great up close as well. Fresh paint, original interior. Don't like the wheels, so am going to order magnum 500s with BFG Radial T/As next week.

04.jpg

01.jpg

Very nice and them Magnums will really give it that original classic look. If you go with 15x7's up front, then make sure you get the 4" backspace and not the 4.25" that some are selling. The original 15x7 magnum 500 wheels came with a 4" backspace all the way around. ::welcome::!

Very Nice, I also have a bright red 73 with Magnum 500's, they really finish the car off nicely. The car looks as if it's in really good condition. Hope you enjoy it.

Very nice car and welcome

from Brisbane Australia

John

Never trust a dog to hold a sandwich for you

Welcome to the site! Really glad to have you aboard! Mustang looks great!

::welcome::

WELCOME aboard, Jeff!

A very nice acquisition on your part. It would appear that you made a GREAT choice as your Mustang look really good.

I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums as you become more familiar with your Mustang. Again, Welcome to the Site!

BT

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Looks like you got a nice one. I bet you were smiling the whole 200 miles driving it back home.

::welcome:: Magnum 500s will look great on the car. I have 15x7,4.25 BS with 245x50 on front and 15x8, 4.5BS with 275x50 on the rear. No rubbing detected so far (very few miles). Chuck

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the warm welcome, Gentlemen.

I am in Stewart County, nine miles South of Dover, between the Tennessee and Cumberland rivers. About 70 miles NW of Nashville.

I always loved those big Mustangs! Hard to find a good one around here. i am 52 years old now, and did not want a project. Wanted one that I could start enjoying immediately, and this seems to be the one. I found it on the Craigslist in Crossville, and drove over there with cash, as I knew it was the one.

The wheels that I have found are at CJ Pony, and show a 4.25 backspace. Will that cause a problem?

I was thinking of getting their kit with 15x7 and 15x8, with 225/60 up front and 275/60 in the rear. I like that old-school look with a bigger tire in back.

I was thinking of getting their kit with 15x7 and 15x8, with 225/60 up front and 275/60 in the rear. I like that old-school look with a bigger tire in back.
I'm running 235/60's and 275/60's, the 275's fill the rear wheel openings real good!

Cool!

Will we see the '73 in any new ZZ Top video? :)

I have 8" wheels w/ 4" BS for all 4 corners of my '71. I have read that 245/60's will fit the front of an unlowered car, and up to 295/50's will fit the rear with a possibly a little attention to minor tire rub (when using a 10's on the back). I've seen 275's on the rear and like 'em. They're taller than the 295. A 225/60 came on my '90, and they look small even on that car. I'd use 235's up front at a minimum. The 8" wheel should help fill it up.

My car is currently disassembled so I have no firsthand knowledge of the clearances, but am confident.

Nice ride, and congrats!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back