Bought my first Mach 1 last week!

Jeff Quinn

Brought home a 1973 Q-code last week. Drove it home 200 miles, from over in east Tennessee. Love it so far. 351 4v CJ engine, FMX tranny. No A/C, but I can't have everything! Looked aty a couple before this one that looked great from a distance, but this one looks great up close as well. Fresh paint, original interior. Don't like the wheels, so am going to order magnum 500s with BFG Radial T/As next week.

04.jpg

01.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice and them Magnums will really give it that original classic look. If you go with 15x7's up front, then make sure you get the 4" backspace and not the 4.25" that some are selling. The original 15x7 magnum 500 wheels came with a 4" backspace all the way around. ::welcome::!

Very nice car and welcome

from Brisbane Australia

John

Never trust a dog to hold a sandwich for you

Welcome. Beautiful addition to the sight.

2rr7aiv.png

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.

WELCOME aboard, Jeff!

A very nice acquisition on your part. It would appear that you made a GREAT choice as your Mustang look really good.

I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums as you become more familiar with your Mustang. Again, Welcome to the Site!

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Looks like you got a nice one. I bet you were smiling the whole 200 miles driving it back home.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

::welcome:: Magnum 500s will look great on the car. I have 15x7,4.25 BS with 245x50 on front and 15x8, 4.5BS with 275x50 on the rear. No rubbing detected so far (very few miles). Chuck

Thanks for the warm welcome, Gentlemen.

I am in Stewart County, nine miles South of Dover, between the Tennessee and Cumberland rivers. About 70 miles NW of Nashville.

I always loved those big Mustangs! Hard to find a good one around here. i am 52 years old now, and did not want a project. Wanted one that I could start enjoying immediately, and this seems to be the one. I found it on the Craigslist in Crossville, and drove over there with cash, as I knew it was the one.

The wheels that I have found are at CJ Pony, and show a 4.25 backspace. Will that cause a problem?

I was thinking of getting their kit with 15x7 and 15x8, with 225/60 up front and 275/60 in the rear. I like that old-school look with a bigger tire in back.

I was thinking of getting their kit with 15x7 and 15x8, with 225/60 up front and 275/60 in the rear. I like that old-school look with a bigger tire in back.

I'm running 235/60's and 275/60's, the 275's fill the rear wheel openings real good!

Brett

phonestang2.jpg

::welcome:: to the site from Ont Canada car looks great and I'm sure you're going to be even happier when you get the Magnums on it!

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

Cool!

Will we see the '73 in any new ZZ Top video? :)

I have 8" wheels w/ 4" BS for all 4 corners of my '71. I have read that 245/60's will fit the front of an unlowered car, and up to 295/50's will fit the rear with a possibly a little attention to minor tire rub (when using a 10's on the back). I've seen 275's on the rear and like 'em. They're taller than the 295. A 225/60 came on my '90, and they look small even on that car. I'd use 235's up front at a minimum. The 8" wheel should help fill it up.

My car is currently disassembled so I have no firsthand knowledge of the clearances, but am confident.

Nice ride, and congrats!!

Pete - MotoArts Decals and Signs

'71 Sportsroof 351C-4V/4-speed - FINALLY under construction - no, wait, on hold again...

'90 Mustang 7-Up 5.0 ragtop, rolling beater - SOLD

'66 Sunbeam Tiger Mk.IA, survivor

You will be real close to one of our members Widowmaker when he gets to Ft Cambell

Yep, I'm only 15 miles South of Fort Campbell.

Hopefully, my son-in-law will be back from Afghanistan next week!

Most of the 101st in coming home!

Nice Car! Always liked red on these cars. Just ordered all the underhood ac stuff for my car, new condensor, lines, sanden compressor and expansion valve for 134 refrigeratant from classicautoair.com. My car had factory air but they make a complete kit. There is a guy there that has a same year cougar and he knows alot about our cars. Congrats, Mark!

Welcome from Shanghai!

It's good to have you join us Jeff. I'll have a hard time remembering your name though. :D

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]