Which Carb Do You Reccomend

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
I purchsded a original carb from another member. I thought i was buying a 2100 but it turned out to br a 2150. I had bought a rebuild kit and had it rebuilt. it has never really run right since i installed it. So i want to fit a new carb. I hear a lot of members talking about Holley carb and they seem to be the most popular choice. 

I am not looking for a carb to give me high performance. I just want a carb i can rely on. I have a 2 bl with electric choke on a cleveland

I purchsded a original carb from another member. I thought i was buying a 2100 but it turned out to br a 2150. I had bought a rebuild kit and had it rebuilt. it has never really run right since i installed it. So i want to fit a new carb. I hear a lot of members talking about Holley carb and they seem to be the most popular choice. 

I am not looking for a carb to give me high performance. I just want a carb i can rely on. I have a 2 bl with electric choke on a cleveland
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-2900?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-msd-ignition&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5rHXn4i54QIVjVuGCh2YaAceEAYYASABEgIrsvD_BwE

No more issues!

I will look at the numbers on the one I have sitting. It ran perfect before removing. It is a 2bbl Motorcraft carb I believe. I will get numbers and pics for you. If you want it you can have it for just postage.

I will look at the numbers on the one I have sitting. It ran perfect before removing. It is a 2bbl Motorcraft carb I believe. I will get numbers and pics for you. If you want it you can have it for just postage.
That would be much appreciated Jason

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-2900?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-msd-ignition&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5rHXn4i54QIVjVuGCh2YaAceEAYYASABEgIrsvD_BwE

No more issues!
Thats a kit and a half  and looks complicated to fit. Does fuel injection give you much more % fuel economy?

No more issues!
Thats a kit and a half  and looks complicated to fit. Does fuel injection give you much more % fuel economy?
You would also have to swap to a 4bbl intake etc to use this kit.

You would also have to swap to a 4bbl intake etc to use this kit.
I am happy with a 2 barrel. Upgrading to a up to date carb or retaining original keeps the insurance straightforward

The 2100 on my original 49k mile 73 H Code vert still runs perfect. It has never been rebuilt. I had it off last winter and just cleaned it up on the exterior... They are good basic carb if you just want to run the car as it came from the factory... I even left the probamtic erg set up all intact. Just cleaned all the gunk out and it run’s like a new car... Sometimes, keeping it simple is best, especially for reliability...

Steve,

Here is what I took off my 73 H code. It is not an elec check. It takes the old choke stove set up. It was a reman motorcraft unit from Uremco according to the tag on it.

Ain't nothin' wrong with running an MC2100 - I have one on my '80 Jeep CJ-7 (as an upgrade from the factory Carter BBD 1bbl, as a matter of fact). It's one of the best mods I did to the Jeep.

Very simple to rebuild, and just... works... every time. Find a nice 'rebuilder,' get a rebuild kit and accelerator pump, and don't look back.

Plus - it says Motorcraft on it, so nobody will ever give you crap for swapping to a Holley. rofl

Check Rock Auto.  You may be pleasantly surprised...

kcmash

Steve,

Here is what I took off my 73 H code. It is not an elec check. It takes the old choke stove set up. It was a reman motorcraft unit from Uremco according to the tag on it.

Jason Thank You for offering. If i am going to keep a original 2100 i would rather put one on with electric choke.

You can just pull the electric choke off your 2150 and put it on the 2100.

In case you ever need to rebuild it there is a good tutorial here:

https://therangerstation.com/tech_library/pdf_documents/motorcraft_2150_carb.pdf
Bingo - that's what those 3 pillars are for located under the choke housing - undo those, and swap with an electric unit.  ::thumb::

Or, you could just get the electric choke unit itself (without the actual electric choke housing), cap off the 'stove-pipe' inlet on that choke housing, and go from there.   :cool:

You got options!   :coolphotos:

Back