Which Carb Do You Reccomend

I purchsded a original carb from another member. I thought i was buying a 2100 but it turned out to br a 2150. I had bought a rebuild kit and had it rebuilt. it has never really run right since i installed it. So i want to fit a new carb. I hear a lot of members talking about Holley carb and they seem to be the most popular choice. 

I am not looking for a carb to give me high performance. I just want a carb i can rely on. I have a 2 bl with electric choke on a cleveland

Steve

1971 Grande

I purchsded a original carb from another member. I thought i was buying a 2100 but it turned out to br a 2150. I had bought a rebuild kit and had it rebuilt. it has never really run right since i installed it. So i want to fit a new carb. I hear a lot of members talking about Holley carb and they seem to be the most popular choice. 

I am not looking for a carb to give me high performance. I just want a carb i can rely on. I have a 2 bl with electric choke on a cleveland

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-2900?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-msd-ignition&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5rHXn4i54QIVjVuGCh2YaAceEAYYASABEgIrsvD_BwE

No more issues!

I will look at the numbers on the one I have sitting. It ran perfect before removing. It is a 2bbl Motorcraft carb I believe. I will get numbers and pics for you. If you want it you can have it for just postage.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

I will look at the numbers on the one I have sitting. It ran perfect before removing. It is a 2bbl Motorcraft carb I believe. I will get numbers and pics for you. If you want it you can have it for just postage.

That would be much appreciated Jason

Steve

1971 Grande

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-2900?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-msd-ignition&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5rHXn4i54QIVjVuGCh2YaAceEAYYASABEgIrsvD_BwE

No more issues!

Thats a kit and a half  and looks complicated to fit. Does fuel injection give you much more % fuel economy?

Steve

1971 Grande

No more issues!

Thats a kit and a half  and looks complicated to fit. Does fuel injection give you much more % fuel economy?

You would also have to swap to a 4bbl intake etc to use this kit.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

You would also have to swap to a 4bbl intake etc to use this kit.

I am happy with a 2 barrel. Upgrading to a up to date carb or retaining original keeps the insurance straightforward

Steve

1971 Grande

I would just get the correct Motorcraft carb. They are easy to rebuild just do not even buy one that has any type of corrosion inside. The little passages will be bad. I think a Holley is way more complicated than the Motorcraft. The Holley on my vert is never right.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

The 2100 on my original 49k mile 73 H Code vert still runs perfect. It has never been rebuilt. I had it off last winter and just cleaned it up on the exterior... They are good basic carb if you just want to run the car as it came from the factory... I even left the probamtic erg set up all intact. Just cleaned all the gunk out and it run’s like a new car... Sometimes, keeping it simple is best, especially for reliability...

"Yes dear", has kept me in the hobby a long time...

Steve,

Here is what I took off my 73 H code. It is not an elec check. It takes the old choke stove set up. It was a reman motorcraft unit from Uremco according to the tag on it.

D614-EB79-BDD7-44-E8-B703-64-C7-A0-B9-AB1-F.jpg

5-B953000-BC2-F-4-A05-8602-F25-C97-B53-D49.jpg

4-EA8-A495-EFBA-4-D7-B-B8-FD-6-BACB0-CDCC43.jpg

5094-E138-FB08-4551-BE09-0842-D5-C722-DA.jpg

E0-D5-FA31-3-F22-4739-8-AD8-466466712-C33.jpg

- Jason

Ain't nothin' wrong with running an MC2100 - I have one on my '80 Jeep CJ-7 (as an upgrade from the factory Carter BBD 1bbl, as a matter of fact). It's one of the best mods I did to the Jeep.

Very simple to rebuild, and just... works... every time. Find a nice 'rebuilder,' get a rebuild kit and accelerator pump, and don't look back.

Plus - it says Motorcraft on it, so nobody will ever give you crap for swapping to a Holley. rofl

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Check Rock Auto.  You may be pleasantly surprised...

kcmash

Steve,

Here is what I took off my 73 H code. It is not an elec check. It takes the old choke stove set up. It was a reman motorcraft unit from Uremco according to the tag on it.

D614-EB79-BDD7-44-E8-B703-64-C7-A0-B9-AB1-F.jpg

5-B953000-BC2-F-4-A05-8602-F25-C97-B53-D49.jpg

4-EA8-A495-EFBA-4-D7-B-B8-FD-6-BACB0-CDCC43.jpg

5094-E138-FB08-4551-BE09-0842-D5-C722-DA.jpg

E0-D5-FA31-3-F22-4739-8-AD8-466466712-C33.jpg

Jason Thank You for offering. If i am going to keep a original 2100 i would rather put one on with electric choke.

Steve

1971 Grande

You can just pull the electric choke off your 2150 and put it on the 2100.

In case you ever need to rebuild it there is a good tutorial here:

https://therangerstation.com/tech_library/pdf_documents/motorcraft_2150_carb.pdf

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

https://therangerstation.com/tech_library/pdf_documents/motorcraft_2150_carb.pdf

Thanks Don. It looks straightforward enough

Steve

1971 Grande

Bingo - that's what those 3 pillars are for located under the choke housing - undo those, and swap with an electric unit.  ::thumb::

Or, you could just get the electric choke unit itself (without the actual electric choke housing), cap off the 'stove-pipe' inlet on that choke housing, and go from there.   :cool:

You got options!   :coolphotos:

Eric

mach1sig2.gif