Ebay 73 Grande with a 302

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love it, the color is gorgeous.

I am biased as my first car was '73 302 Grande in Medium Bright Yellow with Ginger interior.

I only wish they had stuck to a stock wheel, that wood one looks so cheesy. The chrome exhaust tips and white letter tires need to go as well.

Love it, the color is gorgeous.

I am biased as my first car was  '73 302 Grandé in Medium Bright Yellow with Ginger interior.

I only wish they had stuck to a stock wheel, that wood one looks so cheesy. The chrome exhaust tips and white letter tires need to go as well.
I think Medium Copper (with white interior hopefully) will be the next project IF i ever get this one finished. Medium Copper next to a Grbber Lime would take awesomeness to a new level

Are there many Medium Copper out there?

Thanks for sharing. Would love a solid original Grande. The last image of the roof helps to sell that it is likely original, and might go well with the body colour when seen in real life. I also wonder, what happened to the original steering wheel? And yes, a new set of period correct white walls would be a plus.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you ref the steering wheel. Burns me up when people do this, just because they can in some cases. O K, others choose to do it - it's your car, do what you like - but keep the old parts for the next owner. I just put the thick end of $500 into replacing a golf buggy wheel in my '73 with the period correct two spoke. Now I'm looking at $100 for the washer fluid container. Wheels & tires you can buy anywhere - other parts not so easy.

PKJ

Thanks for sharing. Would love a solid original Grandé. The last image of the roof helps to sell that it is likely original, and might go well with the body colour when seen in real life. I also wonder, what happened to the original steering wheel? And yes, a new set of period correct white walls would be a plus.
lollerz  His steering wheel probably went the same way as everyone elses and dried up, cracked, and had a dozen gaps in it. The only problem with repop is the philosophy of the manufacturers( Probably Henry Ford giving orders from the grave) is the same as the Model A Ford "You can have a Model A as long as you want it in black". Then if you paint it correct color for your car the paint will wear off as its the most handled part of your car. Lets hope the makers of the steering wheels start making differant colors. Although i can guarentee green will not be available as greens available for very little in the interior.

I dont know tyre prices in the U.S. Here in the UK if you want anything thats not widely used you have your pants pulled down and they shaft you. My BF Goodrich cost around $275 for EACH tyre. White walls were around $500 for a set of 4. Without raised letters or white band would be a lot cheaper.

But i do agree with you. Why spend good money keeping the car in A1 condition and skimp on tyres and steering wheel. If you dont want a black repop sterring wheel go for something more sympathetic. This is what i eventually opted for. It slotted straight in with no horn button issues. I done a lot of research as a lot of the aftermarket wheels have horn issues and its one of the very few items actually made in the UK and available in the UK

Back