Any P-51 Mustang / Airshow fans here?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 on the P51s. Back in my flying days I knew a guy that had one. Unfortunately he crashed it and died in the crash before he gave me a ride in it. He had a lot of fun in it, but often too close to the ground, which is probably what caused the crash, no witnesses to it. Nothing else sounds like one, especially when they fly over a couple hundred feet off the ground at full power.

Jay Leno on you tube with the Merlin engine on a block out of a Mustang P-51. I never knew before now it was a British Rolls Royce engine. The same engine powered the British Spitfire that successfully stopped the Messerschmitt Bf 109 German invasion. However the American did some modifications(No surprise there!!!!!)

Fascinating watch

Love airshows and warbirds. I was down there at the Pensacola Air museum just a week ago. It was awesome and the Blue Angels just arrived that day from their winter home in California.

I have been a few times here at the Oshkosh show. No words to describe how awesome is it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I love airshows! My Father had an aircraft engine parts business while I was growing up. Dad specialized in Pratt & Whitney Radial powerplants, but was also a dealer for Lodge Aviation spark plugs, and Aeroquip hose/fittings, sold lots to the Allison/ Packard/ Rolls Royce engine people, and we went to many airshows back in the sixties and seventies, as well as some air races. You just got to love the P-51. It will forever be one of the most perfect prop driven warbirds ever. Back when I was just a kid, there was an Air National Guard base here, at the Van Nuys Airport, and they had a squadron of P-51Ds, and H's, later transitioning to the F-86 sabre jet.

I was lucky enough to grow up with vintage aircraft, vintage cars, dragstrips , hot ski boats, and the best era for rock 'n roll. Those were some days.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back