Brake booster seal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73429mach

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
1972 Mustang Mach 1 under construction
Anyone know if this plastic seal between the firewall and brake booster is available or reproduced? If so where can I get it? it’s made out of plastic, mine is brittle and falling apart. Thanks Ryan

View attachment 41482

Last edited by a moderator:
I've search for this "bio-degradable" plastic thing, with no luck, but my booster replacement came with it.

You could contact booster dewey, as they restore these units, they must have these.

I've search for this "bio-degradable" plastic thing, with no luck, but my booster replacement came with it.

You could contact booster dewey, as they restore these units, they must have these.
Is that who rebuilt your booster? That was my plan, to send it to him. I didn’t know if it would  come back with the seal. Thanks, Ryan

No I wish, for us faraway people, that would become a very expensive booster...

But many US members posted on here that Booster Dewey is the place to go to.

I had to order one else where (and pay 50 extra for recycling ), a tad smaller. Kept the original one full of brake fluid and might try look at it (much) later on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just sent mine to booster dewey and it came back with the old one they did not replace it.

I am going to try to do my own on the next one. Cost too much to ship and $155 on top of $130 shipping.
Wow! $130 for shipping seems kinda high. I thought the website said $25 shipping UPS ground

I only paid 20 bucks for shipping my booster, but had to ship it 2 times there and 2 times back because I wanted mine chromed, so 80 bucks total. I don't know why David's shipping his booster cost so much!? 

you would be better off just getting some gasket material from Ebay and draw it out and cut it with a razor blade. Its not that difficult.

When I replaced the one on my '71 the original was some kind of soft gasket material. I cut out a new one, using a similar gasket material.

It's supposed to provide a seal between the back of the booster and the firewall so water can't get into the car interior. Doesn't seem to me like hard plastic is going to get the job done.

When I replaced the one on my '71 the original was some kind of soft gasket material. I cut out a new one, using a similar gasket material.

It's supposed to provide a seal between the back of the booster and the firewall so  water can't get into the car interior. Doesn't seem to me like hard plastic is going to get the job done.
I believe it was a hard plastic material from the factory, my two verts have one similar to the original poster...

The one I have has a lip that seals into the rubber seal. It’s not just a flat piece of plastic, that’s why I don’t think a regular flat piece of gasket material will work. . View attachment 41492

Back