69 dash in a 71 Mach 1??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ash0468

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Cleveland V8
I really like the interior of the 69 Mach 1. Is ther e a way to fit that inside a 71 Mach 1? I mean does anyone know if the dimensions and fitting is the same? Or is it a worthless endeavor.

Thanks

I really like the interior of the 69 Mach 1. Is ther e a way to fit that inside a 71 Mach 1? I mean does anyone know if the dimensions and fitting is the same? Or is it a worthless endeavor.

Thanks
You can do anything with time and money.

The value of the car would probably go down unless you find someone with exactly same taste as you have.

What you need is a stripped down 69 mustang so you can check out the firewall and all the metal parts that mount the dash. I bet they are similar but different enough that you would need to remove most if not all of the underdash metal bracing that the dash attaches to. As far as width goes, you would have to measure that one too, but again, I think they are close enough that its doable..

Thanks
Go the whole 9 yards and transplant a full 69 front end. Now that would be a interesting look

I'm guessing it would be the opposite of this:

138282_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

You could make a faux Shelby with the leftover pieces.  rofl

What you need is a stripped down 69 mustang so you can check out the firewall and all the metal parts that mount the dash.  I bet they are similar but different enough that you would need to remove most if not all of the underdash metal bracing that the dash attaches to.  As far as width goes, you would have to measure that one too, but again, I think they are close enough that its doable..
That’s what I’m thinking, but I don’t have a 69 around. Might give it some more thought.

Thanks
You can do anything with time and money.

The value of the car would probably go down unless you find someone with exactly same taste as you have.

true. I don’t think it’s gonna be sellable after that. But again, I’m not thinking of a sale anyways. Thanks though

Back