Brand new tire flat!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1, Q code 351CJ, 4 speed.
There is nothing that will make your car look like a POS more than a flat tire!!! :mad:   I just put 2 new front tires on and one of them has gone flat!  Its probably a leak around where the bead and the rim seal at since my rims were a little rusty when I took them to have the tires put on.  Its just discouraging to work on when you have a flat tire for some reason.  Any car can look good as long as it has a good set of inflated tires on it.  Mine is a prime example!! rofl

Sorry for the rant.  Had to get it off my chest!! :D

There is nothing that will make your car look like a POS more than a flat tire!!! :mad:   I just put 2 new front tires on and one of them has gone flat!  Its probably a leak around where the bead and the rim seal at since my rims were a little rusty when I took them to have the tires put on.  Its just discouraging to work on when you have a flat tire for some reason.  Any car can look good as long as it has a good set of inflated tires on it.  Mine is a prime example!! rofl

Sorry for the rant.  Had to get it off my chest!! :D
Rant away my friend. I agree totally. Take it back to the tire shop and TELL them to do the job properly. Any tire guy worth his (or her) paycheck would clean off the rust and make sure the bead was good first. If that was not the reason, then it could be the valve stem. They sometimes crack if not installed properly. So if you didn't run over something to puncture the tire, take it back to the shop, I would for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may want to consider buying a set of wheels and get them shot blasted and then have them powder coated. Then change the tyres over to refubed wheels and then you wont have the saame issue again

IMO, have the two other steel wheels you have blasted, paint them and then have the tires swapped over. Then you can do the two you presently have on the front and put them on the rear with those new tires when you get them.

Just turn the wheel 180*, and you'll be good: it's only flat on one side, right?

Back