Rear Louvers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were no originals

69-70 are very different from 71-3

Don is correct, Hammond were after market. I use to have a set years ago. Ryan

Still have my set from the 1980's.  Good looking, nice quality.  The only downfall with mine were the fact that the last louver interferes with the deck lid opening.  The deck lid will only open about 3/4 of the way before it hits.  So having the last one  re-fabbed would be smart.

kcmash

Had a set on one of my sportsroofs and they rattled like crazy. I did quiet them down with some strategic crimping and rivets, but finally took them off and sold them at a swap meet. If someone would make a set that fit the lines of the car better, like the 69-70s, I might run a set.

Hemi killer I sure that don't happen to me ..in the pic the green car has a louvers looks like from a 69-70 modified to fit a 73 The yellow 73 are short and bent up ,,The red has the wright ones are correct I just got a pair like the green car so ill see I still got other issues with the engine

The green car has the louvers made by Hammond. They are not modified ones from a 69-70. Theses are the ones that are no longer made. My guess is because the deck lid usually hits it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The green car has the louvers made by Hammond. They are not modified ones from a 69-70. Theses are the ones that are no longer made. My guess is because the deck lid usually hits it.

That's the style I had. The last louver was "flat" to allow the deck lid to travel over it, if they bent the part properly. Mine wasn't and I had to push down on it to open the lid. Total PITA, and I knicked my paint a couple times on that POS. 

IMO, if they had used a large radius like the 69-70 on the louver bends, they would look a million times better. The sharp radii just look too harsh for the back of the car,

Oh,,,, I see it now I haven't mounted it yet ,,just doing some things I want to do still haven't got to the engine yet ,,im going have to pull the head and fix the broke bolt..

Back