Video of 73 Mach 1 going into MOM

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
My nephew shot this video on his phone when I drove the Mach 1 into the Mustang Owner's Museum yesterday. It was idling way too fast but no time to turn and adjust the carburetor.

They sent me message this morning that they had it moved into it's place with the earlier mustangs.

I am soooooo tired and sore. Glad I got it back together lots of bolts and nuts and stuff to clean and put back.

Need to see others jump in and do it.

Hope it downloads not I have to find way to reduce the file size. Since it is trail software they put a banner across it, :mad: .

Preview video-1555166327 (3).mp4

Attachments

• Preview video-1555166327 (3).mp4
    3.8 MB
Last edited by a moderator:
BTW that is the original stock exhaust that came from the factory. Cast iron headers, original pipes and mufflers and original turned down rear pipes. There is one hole in a pipe after the muffler. 46 year old exhaust system. I will get the idle down some later just wanted to get it in there.

Very cool, pretty amazing to contribute to the museum!

Some day when I go to the North Carolina again I'll have to go check it out.
There is a pony run that started in Washington state coming through California all the way to the museum. They did it last year also.

Going to try to video them they come through my home town on I-26 to Charlotte.

David Congratulations on making your goal and delivering a great and very very original car to the museum for the world to enjoy. You accomplished alot in a short period of time. Now it is time to sit back, recover, and know you have made a difference getting your 73 in front of 100's of people to enjoy. You never know, there may be that 1 kid out there that visits the museum and lays eyes on your car and falls in love with the 71-73 mustang. I am sure there will be more, but I hope just one new person coming to appreciate our family of mustangs is worth it.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS and you have made all of us on this forum very proud of your hard work. Go have a cold one on us.

It just struck me last night that I did not hook up the brake light switch on the pedal. I noticed they did not work in the video. I go down tomorrow and will plug it in, lol.

Turns out the pony run from Washington is going down I-40 from Asheville to I-77 to Charlotte so they will not come through Hendersonville and won't video them.

To those coming to the show and MOM. I will be working the check in at the track on Wednesday from Noon until 5:00 pm. It is at the front of the track near the ticket booth called the Will Call Box Office Pick Up.

It has rained I think close to 40" already here this year. Going to have to go get 4 wheel drive tractor to get the yellow vert out of garage. Washed mud in front of garage. :mad:  When you retire you never have enough time to get it all done. I hope the darn car starts if it doesn't might not try to take it.

Thanks for all the great comments on the car. Hope I inspired someone else to just get in there and do it. I suggest you always do the things you hate the most first that way it only gets easier as you go.

I see too many build their engine first thing and then it sits there for two years. Engine is easy do the hard stuff first and then coast in.

See some of you in a few days.

Cheers,

D

Back