End of hibernation...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7173Vert

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Convertible, 1973 Hardtop
I de-winterized the ‘73 vert yesterday, fresh oil change and she started right up. After 46 year’s on the factory installed DZ3 shock absorber’s, I changed them out for new units. Today, I de-winterized the J Code Vert. Fresh oil change, a squirt of gas in the carb, started right up. Maybe, I’ll put more then the 5 Miles I put on her last year

7C5B7DF7-F048-408E-8AFC-722F43041616.jpeg

FA8FF6CF-AD4B-4E32-9410-27E8CD8C1339.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Suppose to hit 20 degrees c by Friday here in Calgary . Sounds like a first drive day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately for today (I'm approx 40 mi south of 7173Vert) it's been snowing/ sleeting all day with mid-30F temps....if nothing else the rain predicted for the next couple days should rinse all the winter salt and other chemicals off the roadways once and for all.

Hoping this season to get up to see the 7173 Vert collection personally.

Unfortunately for today (I'm approx 40 mi south of 7173Vert) it's been snowing/ sleeting all day with mid-30F temps....if nothing else the rain predicted for the next couple days should rinse all the winter salt and other chemicals off the roadways once and for all.

Hoping this season to get up to see the 7173 Vert collection personally.
Yes Bill, amazing how the weather can differ for such a short distance....; Definitely this year Bill..., I sold my place we are looking to rent for a year, more than likely closer to Niagara Falls, so your drive will be even shorter... ill be in touch and we can work out a date in the good weather.

I do not always change the oil on my 71 Convertible, but if I do, I always drive it to bring it up to operating temperature, then change oil and filter!
As I only drive mine enough that one oil change a year is sufficient, I do it each Spring. All the oil has completely drained to the pan and the filter is empty when I take it off. For me, starting it after sitting like this (old oil) all winter would defeat the purpose and allow all the old oil back into the engine... When the oil pan has stopped dripping, I pour half a liter of fresh oil  in to further help push out the remaining crud in the oil pan before putting the drain plug back in. I have done it like this for 41 year's, never had an engine issue... To each their own.  :cool:

Looks very clean. Time for fun now. Cant beat that first drive of the year
That's why i bought the green '73 vert, it is my driver. I cannot bring myself around at the moment to drive this one...

Back