• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

L/H Fender To Windshield Filler

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It must be my lucky day.  :D  Today i removed the fender to put new door hinges on the car. When i removed the fender i found the original filler still in place. :p 

It does have a crack in it but i am sure that can be sorted out with the knowledge i picked up from Fabrices magical grill plastic welding.

Mine must be gone. Where exactly do these go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are only on 71 don't know what year you have. Not needed on 71 unless you want to be Concourse Correct.

I have a 71. Not doing a concourse. Just wondering where they go.

I have a 71.  Not doing a concourse. Just wondering where they go.  
Found these when i've removed the passenger fender. 2 plastics covers at the front and the longer bit weird one behind.

I actually found those also on my parts car

I have a 71.  Not doing a concourse. Just wondering where they go.  
Found these when i've removed the passenger fender. 2 plastics covers at the front and the longer bit weird one behind.

I actually found those also on my parts car

Make  sure you put them somewhere safe. They are rare and very very fragile/flimsey. They were only on the 71 and Boss. I was lucky when i removed R/H fender mine was still there albeit needing some plastic weld from a crack. I paid $100 for L/H side

Make sure you put them somewhere safe. They are rare and very very fragile/flimsey.
Lol 100 for these, sounds like plastic gold! :D

I don't even see what they're really ment for. They try to hide or protect something, but it's pretty unclear what exactly. Passenger side was half loose, so may be I'll get some clues on what they are supposed to do on the driver side, IF they are still there. The front ones are totally overkill, they could have made just one and save the cost of one screw or better, change the shape of the metal bracket and not add plastic there at all.

Make sure you put them somewhere safe. They are rare and very very fragile/flimsey.
Lol 100 for these, sounds like plastic gold! :D

I don't even see what they're really ment for. They try to hide or protect something, but it's pretty unclear what exactly. Passenger side was half loose, so may be I'll get some clues on what they are supposed to do on the driver side, IF they are still there. The front ones are totally overkill, they could have made just one and save the cost of one screw or better, change the shape of the metal bracket and not add plastic there at all.
I told Pegleg about this set on eBay and said he found the one he needed. You might want to watch where this 71 Mustang/Boss 351 plastic gold filler auction ends at. In one day of a $20 start listing they are now over $100...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-ford-mustang-mach-1-hood-seals-Boss-351-71-72-73-hood-hinge-covers-Rare/312662803387?hash=item48cc27c3bb%3Ag%3A1CgAAOSwSERdCX7T&LH_ItemCondition=4

Back