Rear sway bar Instructions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robsweden

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1 73 351c
Hi

Anyone got a pdf instruction on how to install the addco rear sway bar in a 73 ? There should be some drilling involved for sure.

http://images.restomods.com/00/s/NjY1WDEwMDA=/z/ntoAAOSwrzpZeRwE/$/71-73-Ford-Mustang-Mercury-Cougar_1.JPG[/img]

Regards Rob

Found the instructions, its for a car that already has the sway bar stock.

So I refrase has anyone mounted this bar to a car that didnt had it as stock ?

Regards Rob

As I said in the earlier post, #679 (600 series) and #996 (900 series) have the instructions for new installations (not replacements). #679 is attached.

679.pdf

Attachments

• 679.pdf
    133.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator:
As I said in the earlier post, #679 (600 series) and #996 (900 series) have the instructions for new installations (not replacements). #679 is attached.

Thanks Don my bad. I was in a hurry.

Thanks again :)

Hi

Has anyone a Picture of the swaybar installed ? Im having a hard time understanding the instructions..

Regards Rob

The bar sits just like the one in the picture of the stock bar.

Mounts clamp in front of the axle on the spring as per the diagram, bar sits behind the axle. You connect the end links to the mounts and then raise the bar up to the frame to mark the location for the bushings. Drill holes in the frame and insert the u-bolts through the frame to secure the bushings and bar. You might have exhaust clearance issues, check that before drilling holes.

The bar sits just like the one in the picture of the stock bar.

Mounts clamp in front of the axle on the spring as per the diagram, bar sits behind the axle. You connect the end links to the mounts and then raise the bar up to the frame to mark the location for the bushings. Drill holes in the frame and insert the u-bolts through the frame to secure the bushings and bar.  You might have exhaust clearance issues, check that before drilling holes.
Thanks, clearance issue is gonna be a problem. I dont Think I can squeeze it in.

I have one in my car and have no exhaust issues. But I don't have staggered shocks either.

If I remember right I only had to drill one hole on each side because I was able to use one of the existing holes.

My exhaust is a bit twisted in a strange way, So Il leave it for now.

Back