Mustang Owners Museum Grand Opening

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Stock 1973 Mustang Convertible with a 351C 2v and C6
Modified 1970 Mach 1 M-Code with a 351C 4v Manual
Enjoyed a day at the grand opening. Saw David's unrestored 73 Maxh 1 on display in the museum, a tour of the Daniel Carpenter Factory and car collection. Really enjoyed spending time inside the oval (without a crowd of people) Charlotte Motor Speedway watching Mustangs run the course in the all day open track event. Watching them out there full throttle makes one want to buy a late model boss or GT350R and give it a try. 

I drove the 2014 GT vert and not the 73 vert. One more day. Hope to join the parade around the track on Saturday.

The winners circle 

The new cobra, 700hp coming this fall.... anybody want one?

If anybody is a member.... they have a large display listing members or if you have an engraved brick, I can get a picture of it for you. Just message me before 4pm Saturday.

If anybody is a member.... they have a large display listing members or if you have an engraved brick, I can get a picture of it for you. Just message me before 4pm Saturday.

I'd have someones head for the errors in my name ! ! Got it correct in the top heading then totally fluffed in the text.

Go get 'em David .

PKJ

It was a long and exhausting week for me. I had not rest for 10 weeks then all the events and things happening at the show wore me out.

I laughed when they spelled my name wrong.

They would not let us put out out story boards, not even a Marti. I saw Marti at the Hall of  Fame dinner at the museum and thanked him for rushing my order and told him they would not let us display them. Their logic was that people would spend too much time looking and not move on. They got lots of complaints and I event went to Daniel Carpenter and ask him to talk to Steve about it and so on Saturday morning my story board and Marti showed up. I will do a video slide show of pics I have and I also have couple hours of video that will need to be edited and will probably link on youtube. They are very strict about what you can put out to public without being sued.

I think they did put my car in a great spot and gave our cars some recognition for sure. As you came in the door a poppy red 1964 1/2 one owner, then Carol Shelby's Black Hornet then my Mach 1 so not hidden in the corner for sure. The 429 car was in the back but not hidden either.

Had a blast at the track when we did our parade laps on Saturday, 3 times around the Roval. The 73 vert with the cam and converter is difficult to handle. When going slow I had to put out of gear and if on the banking when I put in gear it would spin the tires at idle and go sideways, lol. We did hang back from some cars and one guy swears he hit 110 on back stretch but I think my video will show may 90 on the GPS. I was driving and shooting video at same time. Had a Shelby in front of me and he did not run off and leave me. Car behind me was a beast with 429 and blower through the hood and he ran past me couple times.

Sorry I did not connect with any of the members we were in different places at different times I guess. Next year need to set a time and place and just meet up.

A few pics will do the video maybe tonight.

At least our cars have the highest number of options compared to the earlier years.

My brick ended up right in front of the front door. They are going to pull them back up and redo were just thrown down on Monday everything was late. The sign went up on Monday also.

If you would like to submit your car for consideration to be in the museum just get on their web site and send info on the car.

Met lots of interesting people from around the world. Did not hear the final number of countries but was at 22 on Tuesday night. Some people overseas actually buy cars here and store so they can come each year and have their car here.

The Carpenter museums were great also and Daniel Carpenter was letting go of some of his extra stuff. I got the showroom banner for 73 Mustang and Torino which I have looked for for many years.

Got Gale Halerman's autograph on several items including the limited edition plate I am holding in the picture. I missed his talk this year. I burned 3/4 of a tank of 90 octane non ethanol in the 73 vert and had no issues. That backwards head gasket was the what cause the PO to sell, lol.

I have not clean my home in 10 weeks going to hire someone. 10 weeks of cleaning the Mach 1 was enough. Some estimated it took a year to clean it up, lol. When I told them 10 weeks at 61 years of age with a crushed disc by myself they did not believe. So all you young guys get busy and get that car going just takes determination and setting a goal and sticking with it.

Cheers,

Back