Ford "SPOT CHECK" holder

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Sprint Sportsroof
While I was putting my new tacho in today I thought I'd photograph the little clear "spot check" holder located on the drivers side dash cover panel. Is this on every Mustang?? Mine still contains it's first service tag which I think is a pretty cool little historical item.

spotcheck1.jpg

spotcheck2.jpg

I've never seen one of those.

I don't recall seeing one either.

Perhaps Don (or one of the other Members who have seen a lot of our cars) will chime in on this. It seems to be a pretty rare thing to me:).

BT

I would imagaine that that would have been a local Ford dealer item from back in the day to help remind customers of their next service need and date.
It similar to the ones the gas stations would stick on the inside of your door jamb when they did a lube and service.

Thanks for the response guys...I guess it makes sense that the tag holder was put there during it's first service. It's nice to know that the car got new oil and oil filter at 1142 miles, just hope that the previous owner/s had changed it a few times since. :-/

Never seen one of those either but it´s cool that you still have the original notes in there.

I have to agree on the font, looks very sci-fi. I guess you dig that. ;)

Back