1971 M Grabber Green glam shots

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a chance a car will ever look like this ever again.

Question about UK laws.

I see you have a big plate in front, is there no exception made for US cars in the UK?

Over here you can get small ones, even smaller than the us ones, they're in yellow tho.

Always been annoyed by the size of these radars things... they ruin the decor :)

Not a chance a car will ever look like this ever again.

Question about UK laws.

I see you have a big plate in front, is there no exception made for US cars in the UK?

Over here you can get small ones, even smaller than the us ones, they're in yellow tho.

Always been annoyed by the size of these radars things... they ruin the decor :)
Hi Fabrice

You can try with smaller more USA sized and even have them punched with USA style characters 

but we over here do upset the authorities and can get a spot penalty for wrong plates. 

Ironically, what we can do with impunity over here, is run Moonshine...  :D

beautiful car. it's amazing that i had a '70 mach1 in grabber green. the two colors are not even close
It's great you mention this because I think you're right  :-/

Here's what I thought I knew    :chin:  of Ford Greens 

What do you think ?????????? :chin:

Actually your green is pretty close to the Ivy Green that was applied originally on my 71 that I could see buried under tons of custom paint layers when I've restored the hood.

Tho more yellowish in the highlights.

Your car gives me a good impression of what mine should look like when done for the top part.

Mine has the silver combo two tones, no black.

Actually your green is pretty close to the Ivy Green that was applied originally on my 71 that I could see buried under tons of custom paint layers when I've restored the hood.

Tho more yellowish in the highlights.

Your car gives me a good impression of what mine should look like when done for the top part.

Mine has the silver combo two tones, no black.
Hi Fabrice 

do you have pics?

do you have pics?
Not of the car, as it has been painted in a Hertz theme in the late 80's (black/gold + huge airbrush graphic on hood )

Here's the inside of the hood that I've sprayed back in november.

It's the Ivy green as base but darker, as I aim for a classy monsta

The picts were taken inside with poor lighting, so they look even darker. The part down left would be the one most near of the color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the 1970 and 1971 Ford Grabber Green colors are actually different. If you can see the color in my avatar that is the '71 Grabber Green. I do not believe your car is '71 Grabber Green but it is a beautiful car nonetheless. I always thought it was the lighting in your pics, but it seems more like a Forest Green as others have mentioned. I am a fan of many different green colors on cars. Everything now is silver, gray, black, white, etc. My first car in 1980 was a '68 Pontiac GTO 400 / 4 speed in Verdoro Green with a black vinyl roof.

Back