Kiwi passing through Houston looking for parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballaratcastle

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible. Just imported from the USA as an unfinished project.
[url=https://ibb.co/gXU4Qy][img]https://preview.ibb.co/f0tW5y/Mustang.jpg[/img][/url]
Greetings team. Have just arrived back to Miami from a cruise (needed a break after spending a year building the muzzy!) We are staying tonight in Houston and are flying out 9pm back to NZ Sunday so I have some time to pick up a few little parts I need for the 73 from John's Mustang parts but he doesn't carry half of what I need .anyway what I am also trying to find is a second hand  centre cap for a 16" crown Vic/mercury grand marquis which are the wheels on my car. Do any members in Houston know of a wrecked/second hand parts place that I can contact when I arrive in Houston this afternoon please.

I have a photo of the cap on a previous thread when I was trying to identify it as the photo on my phone is too large to post and I can't downsize it. 

Thanks

Ballaratcastle, what you need is F3AZ-1130-A. The Mercury and LSC Lincoln used the same center cap housing (F3AC-1A096-AA) but used different model emblem appliques. There are five Ford dealers in the immediate vicinity of Houston. I know you were looking for used, but if any of the dealers happen to have one, they might be willing to make you a deal since since the Crown Vic is no longer in production and these cannot be sent back to Ford.

Tommie Vaughn Ford......713-869-4755

Chastang Ford..................713-936-6541

Russell & Smith Ford........713-533-8281

Sterling McCall Ford.........281-588-5300

Doggett Ford.....................888-420-0329

Since you are in the area it wouldn't hurt to call. I believe they retail around $49.00, so if they do have one offer to help them out on some non returnable idle inventory.

You can also check E-Bay by the Ford part number, but shipping will probably be your stumbling block. If you do find a used Mercury or Lincoln LSC cap, you can use a Ford cap emblem applique (F3AZ-1137-A) so it would match your other wheels.

Good luck with you search.     :)

Ballaratcastle, what you need is F3AZ-1130-A. The Mercury and LSC Lincoln used the same center cap housing (F3AC-1A096-AA) but used different model emblem appliques. There are five Ford dealers in the immediate vicinity of Houston. I know you were looking for used, but if any of the dealers happen to have one, they might be willing to make you a deal since since the Crown Vic is no longer in production and these cannot be sent back to Ford.

Tommie Vaughn Ford......713-869-4755

Chastang Ford..................713-936-6541

Russell & Smith Ford........713-533-8281

Sterling McCall Ford.........281-588-5300

Doggett Ford.....................888-420-0329

Since you are in the area it wouldn't hurt to call. I believe they retail around $49.00, so if they do have one offer to help them out on some non returnable idle inventory.

You can also check E-Bay by the Ford part number, but shipping will probably be your stumbling block. If you do find a used Mercury or Lincoln LSC cap, you can use a Ford cap emblem applique (F3AZ-1137-A) so it would match your other wheels.

Good luck with you search.     :)
Thanks so much. We ended up arriving in Houston late and I've just discovered John's Mustang parts is closed tomorrow so there goes the opportunity of picking up some bits and pieces before our annual All Ford Day in Auckland.! IllI'check ifany dealers parts departments are open tomorrow but I'm sure it will only be the salesmen on if they are. There is a website in the USA selling just centre caps for around $30 USD but yes the freight does kill it. I eventually want to change the rims for the magnum 500 stealths in 12mths or so when I've paid more of the car loan off so didn't want to spend half the price of a new alloy wheel just for a centre cap that I'm going to paint black!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ballararcastle, that late flight into Houston sure threw a spanner in the works. Of the five dealers,there is only one that has a parts dept that is open late on Saturday and that is Doggett Ford and they close at 9PM. All the dealers sales dept's are closed on Sunday, so no chance of prepaying for a part and picking it up Sunday.

Since you plan on replacing your wheels with Magnums later on, I wouldn't want to have much money in a center cap I was going to pitch either.

There is a used center cap on E-Bay for $14.95 plus the bending over for shipping charges you already know to expect to NZ!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Ranger-Crown-Victoria-center-cap-1997-2002-part-F3AC-1A096-AA-01/143206731993?hash=item2157c950d9:g:AKAAAOSwoF5cqzYn:sc:USPSFirstClass!38965!US!-1  

Well....at least we tried!!     :)

Ballararcastle, that late flight into Houston sure threw a spanner in the works. Of the five dealers,there is only one that has a parts dept that is open late on Saturday and that is Doggett Ford and they close at 9PM. All the dealers sales dept's are closed on Sunday, so no chance of prepaying for a part and picking it up Sunday.

Since you plan on replacing your wheels with Magnums later on, I wouldn't want to have much money in a canter cap I was going to pitch either.

There is a used center cap on E-Bay for $14.95 plus the bending over for shipping charges you already know to expect to NZ!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Ranger-Crown-Victoria-center-cap-1997-2002-part-F3AC-1A096-AA-01/143206731993?hash=item2157c950d9:g:AKAAAOSwoF5cqzYn:sc:USPSFirstClass!38965!US!-1  

Well....at least we tried!!     :)
Mate your a legend! You obviously took the time out of your day to do an eBay search for me .I really appreciate it. I have clicked the ol buy now as that's the best price I've seen, only $22 in nzd my currency .I am having it sent to a California address of the kiwi who shipped my car to me. Will be a delay of a couple of months but he will send it over free by chucking it in a container of bikes and cars he send every few weeks . Cheers. The rest of the Mustang bits I need I'll just get online delivered to him as well .the wife did the trip bookings .I didn't do my homework very well!

I've liked those 16" Crown Vic wheels since they came out. Figured they would have a nice look on a 69-73. Especially a 69.  I was trying to find a set at a reasonable price for my 87 RX7, but never did before I blew the motor.

With your paint scheme, what about refinishing those wheels in black? Or are you going bigger than 16"

I've liked those 16" Crown Vic wheels since they came out. Figured they would have a nice look on a 69-73. Especially a 69.  I was trying to find a set at a reasonable price for my 87 RX7, but never did before I blew the motor.

With your paint scheme, what about refinishing those wheels in black? Or are you going bigger than 16"
Hi mate

Yes I had them powdercoated black. I have some on my beach hop post but have added one here now Im home from Holiday.

batman dark knight rises police

They look about like I expected...pretty darn good. The 16" wheel just seems to be better proportioned with the size of the car and tire side wall. 15"s look small and 17"s start to look like bicycle wheels from the side.

Back