Doing Mustangs the right way!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He almost got the exhaust pipe in the valance cutout...

More power to the seller, but I believe he misunderstands the definition of "Tribute". Now I have to go back and change my Boss info to include that it was also available as a coupe and with a C4!   :whistling:

Hemikiller, I guess the chrome valve covers and air cleaner decal are what it takes to convince the unknowing that the 302 is really a R code Boss 351 engine.

JohnnyJ, sorta like a friend of mine used to say. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Guess he figured the tailpipe being almost in the center of the valance was close enough!

Call Junior Sample at BR-549....get in on the low, low price of only $13,999.00.....Please, no low ball offers, I know what I have!!

More power to the seller, but I believe he misunderstands the definition of "Tribute". Now I have to go back and change my Boss info to include that it was also available as a coupe and with a C4!   :whistling:

Hemikiller, I guess the chrome valve covers and air cleaner decal are what it takes to convince the unknowing that the 302 is really a R code Boss 351 engine.

JohnnyJ, sorta like a friend of mine used to say. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Guess he figured the tailpipe being almost in the center of the valance was close enough!

Call Junior Sample at BR-549....get in on the low, low price of only $13,999.00.....Please, no low ball offers, I know what I have!!
Hee-Haw!

Don't forget- "serious inquiries only". If you call jokingly he will hang right up on you. lol I mean geez, it's not even a Sportsroof, and how hard is it to paint the hood like a Boss 351 if you're going to make a so-called tribute car? Does anyone with a legit Boss 351 have that glovebox emblem? I can't quite make it out. heh

Is there a logical way to define "Tribute"  :chin:

Is it a level of accuracy to be attained? ...is it absolute accuracy?

I guess what you guys are saying, and forgive me I'm no Mustang expert, I just own one; that this is just a "A pale imitation, look-alike".

I guess what you guys are saying, and forgive me I'm no Mustang expert, I just own one; that this is just a "A pale imitation, look-alike".
It’s not even close.

IMO, a "tribute" should be fairly hard to tell apart from a real car - even up close. We've all seen tribute or cover bands, this is like one that claims to be a Led Zeppelin band showing up dressed as Boy George and singing Nirvana songs.  

A "proper" tribute would be at least a sportsroof with the correct paint and a 351C with a 4 speed. If it was a sportsroof I probably could even let the 302 auto slide.

IMO, a "tribute" should be fairly hard to tell apart from a real car - even up close. We've all seen tribute or cover bands, this is like one that claims to be a Led Zeppelin band showing up dressed as Boy George and singing Nirvana songs.  

A "proper" tribute would be at least a sportsroof with the correct paint and a 351C with a 4 speed. If it was a sportsroof I probably could even let the 302 auto slide.
Technically, "Tribute" is a fair use of the term describing this car... since there are Boss 351 acoutrements in-place along with the seller's declaration of intent as such. Unfortunately, the term "half-assed wanna-be" is a lot more accurate.  With regards to the Boss 351 aspect, there is SO much wrong with this car and the owner trying to pass it off as something it is not.

Now - having said that... I've been accused of being too negative, snarky, and just looking for any reason to pick apart these things when they come along.  So, I will point out the positives that I see.

For instance, it actually looks like a pretty nice car (Boss 351 "Tribute" aspirations aside).  Remove all references to anything R-Code, and it looks like a pretty solid car.  New paint, interior, etc., all looks not too bad (needs to loosen up the hood locks a bit, though and make a few aesthetic adjustments here and there).  I actually love the wheels - I've always been a big fan of those (wanted a set for my '82 Fox-body, actually).

I don't know if it's a $14K car, but it's definitely not a Boss 351 "anything."  First order of business for me as the buyer would be to remove the fender decals and dash badge... but otherwise, I think it would be awesome parked in the garage next to my Mach 1.  I'd drive the wheels off it and have a blast doing so.

Back