Sold the 72 :-(

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1, Q code 351CJ, 4 speed.
Well I sold the 72 last weekend.  It went to a guy in Syracuse NY.  He drove down to SC bought it and headed right back.  It was bitter sweet seeing it go but it was for the best.  I just did not have the time, patience and desire to work on it.  I still love the cars since it was like my first car in HS,  I did replace it with another Mustang though.  A 2019 Premium GT.  I know I am in debt and they dont have the character of the 72 but that 465 HP backed up by a 6 speed transmission and performance package suspension sure is nice. :D 

I appreciate all the advice you guys have given me over the years and I wish you all nothing but the best and lots of fun with your big horses!!  I will get another one one day but it will be a more complete driver.

Wade did you pass on this website to the new owner?
Yes I told him about both the site and the Facebook group.  He didnt seem too interested but did agree to keep me updated on his progress.  Hopefully he will join here and also keep me updated.

Well, I don't know whether to say congratulations or condolences.

Please check back in once in a while to let us know how it's going.
Don, It is bitter sweet.  I will have another one one day but it will be one a little more complete where I can just upgrade and not have to rebuild everything.  Probably once I get the new one paid off is when I will start looking for another one.  I just hope I can find another 4 speed.  That is the thing I hate the most about getting rid of the car.  It was a factory 4 speed. 

I will still pop in from time to time and check out what you guys are working on  I am staying in the FB group as well.  Too many interesting questions and cool pics!

I can understand.

Time is very valuable, and sometimes it is easier to spend a wad of cash on something that requires very little of your time (except for whatever time it took you to earn the $$$$$).

Congrats on the new ride.

Well, at least you stayed Mustang and its better its passed on to someone who hopefully will restore it

GT premium 2019... went dream shopping for a few.

On US Ford site, for a GT 2019, I see its from $35500 ( € 32000 )

and then I look on Ford Dutch site: from € 110.600.

More than 3x the price... closed the browser window.

Oh well, in 15-20 years from now, I'll enjoy fixing and de-rusting one of these :D

Sorry to hear you had to give up the 72, and good luck on finding your next one. Your buyer will be on here the first time he has a question. This forum is invaluable. Have fun with your GT, they are a blast!

Back