new guy from so cal with 72 coupe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stangrpunk72

Reaction score
My Car
72 mustang coupe -exterior decor group
5.0 EFI conversion
explorer upper and lower intake
GT40 heads
Trickflow stage one cam
T-5 5 speed conversion
9in rear
coming soon rear disk brakes

99 Ford Ranger XLT
mostly stock but always down for whatever.
HI everybody im Steve. I stumbled across what appears to be an awesome forum dedicated to a car ive always loved. i have a 72 coupe and i think its an awesome car. ive owned it since i was 19 yrs old and ive had alot of good times and when i needed it the most she was there for me. i picked her up from an old lady that said it was too fast for her and she wanted someone to take good care of it. at the time i was working a lousy dead end job and i had passed up a few mustangs cause i wasnt at the place where i could afford it but at the price she offered it i would do whatever it took even if it meant eating top ramen for 6 wks and not going anywhere lol, anyway the car started life as a 302 2V with an FMX with interestingly enough it had the full gauges and power disk up front i drove on that 302 and fmx for some time til one fateful day the oil pressure spiked and i broke the crimp on the filter next thing i know the motor starved for oil and knocked and i limped it home. from then on i decided to put something else in it, and so i came upon a 96 ford explorer with a 5.0 in it and i decided to pull and build it how i wanted it. I also decided my car should be a 5 speed and im going to run the factory ford EFI system off a fox body mustang. I catch alot of flack from alot of people as to why i chose my coupe instead of a 67 or a 69 and honestly anybody could build one and they all look the same after a while,I work at a ford dealer as a production manager so everybody gives all the other years of mustangs credit for what they are but not the 71-73s , when they were awesome cars too it takes a real person to build a 71-73 stang, alot of people also question why im leaving im not building a cleavland and honestly i think they are awesome but i really love the availability of windsor parts. im also eventually going to drop in a bad ass roller 5.8 block but thats miles down the road. anyway long story short i look forward to interacting with alot of you and i hope you like the pictures of my project thus far

IM000392.jpg

thats my favorite picture of me with my mustang her name is maria after the lady i bought her from.
IM000462.jpg

here it is in color with something nice to look at. that pic is old i have a ram air hood now.

CIMG0316.jpg

some of the stuff on the motor,

96 Ford Explorer block

bored 20 over

hi volume oil pump

Trickflow billet timing chain

Trickflow Stage 1 cam

GT40 iron heads with Trickflow valve spring upgrade

stock rockers (for now)

Explorer GT40 EFI intake

mustang 65mm throttle body

fox mustang serpentine conversion with CFR racing brackets for alt and ps

3g 130 amp

Explorer PMGR starter

CIMG0319.jpg

CIMG0321.jpg

CIMG0323.jpg

I dont even want to go into detail about how much it was a pain in the but it was to do the pedal installation phase of the project but i will say that bill couture's Modern Driveline cable conversion made it very easy as far as getting it to function.

Dang it all, my car being yellow all I get landing on my hood is insects thinking they've found a gigantic yellow flower, but it looks like it's the red ones that get the bikini'd ladies landing on them.....

Anyways, welcome to the site! ::welcome::

::welcome::

The car looks nice, the chick looks better, Gotta say that I would't let any chick lie on my car!!! she'd have to agree to put our first, then maybe I would consider letting her lie on it.

Welcome to the forums! We are glad to have you aboard! Looks like a great Mustang you have there...keep us posted!

::welcome::

Welcome to the site. Thanks for sharing the history of the car. Looks like you got the optional honey comb grill for it too. You should order the Marti report to see how the car was equipped fromt he factory.

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum. ::welcome::

I don´t wanna rain on your parade but I don´t think the hood ornament is original. :p

I have to agree with Flatback72, my yellow Mustang only attracts flies......:mad:

thanks for the feedback guys, just an update my car should ready to fire soon just a few things to wrap up in the fuel system and wiring department and hopefully it will rolling soon.

WELCOME aboard, Steve!

Nice "history" on the acquisition of your Mustang and your approach to its modification. When you get the time, you might want to start your "Garage" so we can track your progress - - it is definitely an interesting "build."

Again, Welcome to the Site and I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums.

BT

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum. ::welcome::

I don´t wanna rain on your parade but I don´t think the hood ornament is original. :p

I have to agree with Flatback72, my yellow Mustang only attracts flies......:mad:
Shoot, you guys are lucky. The only things mine attracts are dog pee and money...

Welcome Steve!

ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR THE REPLIES FOLKS i WOULD LIKE TO START A GARAGE ON HERE AND GET MORE INVOLVED. THERE ARE SOME AWESOME LOOKING CARS ON HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back