Mustang at Indy, URGENT HELP NEEDED

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
I am in a bit of an urgent pickle. I have been invited to drive my 67 GT on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway after Sundays Brickyard 400 race. I plan to drive up on Saturday and will be at a hotel Saturday & Sunday. I am reluctant to park my car in a hotel parking lot while I enjoy the race on Sunday and I will drive the car on the track on Monday. I was hoping I could find someone in our Mustang Community that could guide me to somewhere in Indy that I could store my car securly until Monday morning; or if someone had an extra parking spot at their home where I could park the car securly for a couple of days. I would GREATLY APPRECIATE any help on this matter. Please respond or PM me and I will follow-up immediatly.

Thank you,

Brian D.

67 outside4 092709.JPG

Sounds like a fun weekend!

You might check with a local Indy Ford dealer.

Just a thought. They should have the ability to lock it up for you for on Sunday and pick up the car early Monday when the service department opens. You might have best luck talking directly to the service manager. If not try the General Sales Manager.

Good luck!

Ray

Try checking with the Mustang Club of Indianapolis. You can google their website and I think they have a contact person. Also maybe Ray Skillman Classic Cars which is with Ray Skillman Ford might be able to help. I would offer garage space by kicking my wife's car outside, but we are going to the National Sidecar Rally next weekend. Good luck. By the way, your car is beautiful.

Thank you to all for your suggestions. I placed a call to the Mustang Club in Indy and spoke with the club Vice President. Great guy I might add. He thinks he may have a member who can help me out. The deal is not done yet, so if anyone has other options please let me know. The Ford dealership was my next option. Definitly thinking Ray Skilman Ford as Mr. Skilman is an avid muscle car collector and buys and sells cars actively on the auction circuit. Maybe they could slip it into one of their service bays for Saturday night and Sunday. Trying the club route first if nothing is finalized by today I will pursue the dealership. Really looking forward to what could be a great experience. Thank you all.

Thank you to all for your suggestions. I placed a call to the Mustang Club in Indy and spoke with the club Vice President. Great guy I might add. He thinks he may have a member who can help me out. The deal is not done yet, so if anyone has other options please let me know. The Ford dealership was my next option. Definitly thinking Ray Skilman Ford as Mr. Skilman is an avid muscle car collector and buys and sells cars actively on the auction circuit. Maybe they could slip it into one of their service bays for Saturday night and Sunday. Trying the club route first if nothing is finalized by today I will pursue the dealership. Really looking forward to what could be a great experience. Thank you all.
Take it in for an oil change on Saturday morning and tell them you will pick it up on Monday morning and to please keep it inside! :idea:

Whoa! Ole Pony! aka Mike ----

You are good! Excellent idea.

But with my luck the oil changer would forget and leave it outside as a hail storm approached...

Ray

Good thought on the oil change idea, but I think I will pass on that one. My wife took her car in several years ago and they cross threaded the oil filter. She got down the road about 5 miles and the oil filter fell off. She didn't know what was wrong and could not get pulled over in time before the engine siezed. Ended up sueing to get the engine replaced on the car with only 12K miles. I must admit I have always changed my own oil for this reason and many others, especially in the pride and joy mustangs.

The ideas are all a great help. I think I have two options right now. One being storing it at Ray Skillman Classic Cars. It is a collector car showroom and dealer. He is big into buyng and selling collector cars in addition to other new models at his other dealerships. Take a look at this link to his showroom. I really like the Mark Donahue Javelin he has. I have always wanted one of those.

http://www.rayskillmanclassiccars.com

Nice cars kinda pricey for me though and my offer still stands:D
Thanks for the offer. I will have to give that some more consideration for another weekend. You watch mine, I watch yours. Need my 71-73 fix while mine is still torn apart. I do have good news though. The Mustang Club of Indianapolis came through for me and I am set to store my car with a guy who has three mustangs. Sounds like a decent guy. He commented that he has a 73 he retired from the National Show circuit in 1986 after two national champion awards. I will try and get some pictures to share with everyone. I still remain very impressed with the Mustang community and how much we will go out to help others who we may not even know. The common theme being our enjoyment for these cars is proof enough on the caliber of the person. Thanks to all and I will share some photos when I return.

Back