Cavity wax

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newold

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Anyone use cavity wax? On their car? Don’t want to get personal here. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the very old days, we used boiled linseed oil for the same purpose. Chuck

That is a new term for me. Not familiar with that. Is it like Ziebart a wax to help with rust?

I know Ford use to dip their truck frames in hot wax to seal them up.

Yes it’s supposed to seal it and a rust inhibitor. I hadn’t heard of it before either

I use this for years (another brand). Last time was for the deck lid last year.

It really works as I can tell on my t-birds always outside in the rain, but it is not one of these miracle product,

meaning it does what its ment for. Builds a film that isolate the surface from ambient air. If there is rust underneath, you will protect rust and it will lift the protection at some point. It needs be applied on a clean and healthy surface.

Once dry, or better said once the solvent has evaporated, it leaves a film that is bit sticky to the touch and doesn't dry out and crack like these tectyl alternatives.

It is easy removed using thinner. Water/condense beads on it and gravity does the rest. So make sure water has a way to go away or evaporate.

The downside if used as top layer, is that it will collect all the dust it can find, so in some cases like in my 73 cowl vent or like my 71 deck lid on the pict that i did last year, I apply it before final spray, so the overspray on visible part/opening isn't as sticky and doesn't collect dust/debris.

I also use it on my chrome bumpers (the other side)

It's odourless even in sun, but not right away. It takes at least a week and probably more where ventilation is poor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last time I used cavity wax I couldn't shit for a month  :whistling:

There it is. I knew I was going to get it from someone. Lmao.

Back