Introductions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qdbrown

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Sportsroof 351C Auto
Howdy from Texas!

I found a nearly complete project 73 Mach 1 H-code. I was visiting this site a few times as I finished the car and got it street legal. The engine was in great shape, but I had a number of missing items like a parking Brake that was completely MIA. After going through the wiring and hooking stuff back up, I have brake lights, and dash lights. 

Then after all of that, I just put on new rear leaf springs. 

It was a pretty simple fix. And with this being my first Mustang, I am learning how to deal with people nearly running into me filming and taking pictures going down the highway. It has been quite an experience. 

I just took ownership of 1973 Mustang convertible it has 15096 original miles. I am looking for the flexible air cleaner snorkel as this is the only original piece missing. It was all tore up. Seems to be a 1973 unique part. Other unique part at least from what little I know is it is a 302 and has the C6 transmission. Sorry for picture of Camaro in my header no good pictures on Mustang yet. I am working to get it running and hopefully will take it out in AZ hills for some pictures this week. Has been in AZ for the last 33 years before that WI but only had 5000 miles but on it in WI and all summer miles! I know original owner.

Follow this link, it may help. Chuck https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-351c-plastic-air-cleaner-tube?page=2

Hello all,

Also from Dallas, I've been using this forum for years so figured id share what my car looks like since i've asked my first question.

Bought this '72 fastback a few years back. Been doing all work myself. Replaced A/C system, converted to front disc brakes, electric fan, took out points and added pertronix electric distributor, junk yard newer mustang seats(passenger fit, driver did not had to weld original seat track angled bolt hole bracket).

Bought a rebuilt 302 and used AOD tranny ill put in soon after I do more research to figure out the misc things needed.

I'm now trying to get 4 wheels(same size) to level the car and get rid of cragar's( don't like having to use washers and its a tough fit)

picture upload site

Back