Can you see the dash turn signal light indicator?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 w/408C stroker
As the title says I wanted to know if others have this issue. My steering wheel is right in the line of sight so I can't see the indicators without poking around the steering wheel. I have a led light flasher that makes some clicking noise but not loud enough to realize they are on. The other day I drove for a long distance down the highway with the turn signal on and didnt realize it. I may have to look into a louder led flasher or something else. Not even considering making the engine noise quieter....... [emoji3]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I've got a 13" steering wheel and have the exact same problem. Once on the highway I blasted my horn furiously at someone who pulled out of a side road in front of me, half a mile later down the road I found my indicator had been running for the previous half hour and that car driver had thought I was indicating a turn. Felt like a real heel after that incident....

I've toyed with the idea of putting an indicator LED in line of sight under the back raised edge of the hood, just never gotten around to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a 13" steering wheel and have the exact same problem. Once on the highway I blasted my horn furiously at someone who pulled out of a side road in front of me, half a mile later down the road I found my indicator had been running for the previous half hour and that car driver had thought I was indicating a turn. Felt like a real heel after that incident....

I've toyed with the idea of putting an indicator LED in line of sight under the back raised edge of the hood, just never gotten around to it.
I have a 13 inch wheel too, my plan is to switch back to the 15 inch size so I can see the signals and speedo :)

I like that idea a lot.

Mine is 14" i think and still is an issue. My fingers are also very close to the dashpad but i can live with it. The spokes of the original steering wheel were at an angle towards the driver which left more space with the dashpad and allowed a better line of sight of the turn signal markers.

Following Dons link there is a similar buzzer that is lighted that could be useful.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07FCVM9J4/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A1FC6PW098E3AL&psc=1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
So I bought this buzzer, well the one similar to it but with a light. I hid it behind the glove box near the relay and covered the openings with tape to lower the volume. It was too loud without covering and too loud if you wanted to have it some place to be able to see the light. The report is that the volume is good loud, but the sound is annoying. It sounds like a truck backing up. I wish they had one that mimics the relay clicking sound. I should say that it already came handy today.

Get a tilt column and you can either see through or over the wheel.
LOL. I have the tilt column and it is either too high or too low. The middle setting is perfect but is in the way of the turn signal indicator. :shootself:

I may consider this steering wheel:

Back