Who makes the best trunk seal?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach 1
302-2v
C4

I need to replace my trunk seal and was wondering who makes the best one. Also is it glued on? What do you use.

Sorry if this has been covered a million times.

Just replaced mine a couple weeks ago. Used the Carpenter seal that goodnigh linked to, but bought it from NPD. Use 3M black weatherstrip adhesive and follow the directions about application and letting it dry first. Don't butt the ends together and don't glue them together, you need space for the air to escape. Make sure you install it in the correct direction, the flange faces out. Glue it in place and let it sit overnight, then slam the trunk closed and leave it be for a couple weeks. I just checked mine today and it works perfectly.

I agree with using the Carpenter brand seal. Ask what ever supplier you choose who make the seal. Carpenter makes them in Charlotte or Concord, N.C.. I have used their drip rail seal also and they fit great on both vert and Mach 1.

There should be air vent holes in the trunk seal to allow the trunk to close easier.

Latest posts

Back