Looks very good. Post some more pictures and details please. Chuck

Nice car! One exhaust pipe seems longer than the other and wrong gas cap for a Mach!

Right, it has been damaged during the transportation (one line fall down..). I'll have to fix this too.. But, up to now, i take pleasure to drive it.

There are also bit too long..

Vincent.

Got it.

How is that the wrong gas cap? Unless a 71 with pop open. The striping on the trunk is not for 71 so I figured 72 or 3. All models had same cap except for the pop open. Replacement had cable and 71 & 72 had Autolite and 73 Motorcraft.

Pretty soon no mustangs will be left in U.S..

Enjoy your new toy. :coolphotos:

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Nice car! One exhaust pipe seems longer than the other and wrong gas cap for a Mach!

Nice car! On the gas cap though, its not the wrong one. My red 73 Mach came with the same cap. Not all Mach 1's had the pop open.

1973 Mach 1, Porsche Guards Red, 429/C6

1972 Mach 1, Grabber Blue, 302/C4, currently under construction

Love to see the line from shots taken from unusual angles. Very nice mach 1!

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

Nice car! On the gas cap though, its not the wrong one. My red 73 Mach came with the same cap. Not all Mach 1's had the pop open.

I honestly thought all Mach 1's came with flip open ones, sorry my bad!

71-73 Mustangs never die, they just go faster!

I honestly thought all Mach 1's came with flip open ones, sorry my bad!

The flip-open caps were only in '71.  I believe there was even a recall where the '71 models which had them were supposed to be replaced with the standard cap that was used until '73.  It was due to them popping open in an accident and spewing gas out of the filler neck.  This is going from memory- I haven't Googled it to see if there were additional details.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hood and spoiler look much better. You say vinyl is it like vinyl wrap material? I was thinking of using it to cover the horrible black on the Decor Group on my vert.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

yes , this is a black mat vinyl. It's has been laid by a friend of mine. It's fast, and less expensive than a paint job. (about 150$) for the hood, and the air entries. It 's supposed to be more resistant than paint.

And if necessary it can be removed easily, with no traces.

Vincent.

Got it.

• 1 month later...

yes , this is a black mat vinyl. It's has been laid by a friend of mine. It's fast, and less expensive than a paint job. (about 150$) for the hood, and the air entries. It 's supposed to be more resistant than paint.

And if necessary it can be removed easily, with no traces.

I did a vinyl wrap as well and I agree, it's pretty tough, cheaper than a paint job, and can be swapped out whenever you like.  I spent $80 and about 3-4 hours doing the install myself.  Then added a simple graphic. 

Wrap1.jpg

1971 Coupe - 306ci (circa 1971) - 10:1/750 Holley/RPM Air Gap/Lunati camshaft (221/231@.050)/Comp roller rockerarms/Ford Racing pulleys/Ported cylinder heads/MSD ignition/Patriot Ceramic LT headers/Single Chambers/Carter fuel pump/NOS Sniper/9" diff./4.57 gears/B&M Holeshot convertor/B&M Shiftkit/B&M Z-Gate/CE subframe connectors/Jegs Sport Star rims/Lakewood traction bars/Fiberglass Ram Air hood/Electric fan/Rear seat delete/Relocated battery/Custom graphics

1972 Mach 1 - Ford 400ci/C6 trans/Quick Fuel 750 carb/Weiand Intake/Harland Sharp rockers/Performance cam/Patriot headers/CVF racing underdrive pulleys/Carter Fuel pump/Jegs Sport Star rims/4.11 gears/Spool/Traction bars/Accel distributor and ignition/Miloden 8-quart/Jones Full Boar exhaust/Hurst Pro-matic 2 shifter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sweet lookin '73, I agree the Flat Black looks much better than Gloss Black, and I like the others think the black vinyl is a great idea!

• 6 months later...