Few Pics from Cruise Over Weekend with burnout!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Hey guys. Just thought I would post a few pics from a show we hit over the weekend. Just a small local show to raise money for youth baseball team. They had about 150 cars show up.  I only got a few pics but I figured I'd post them anyhow.  My wifes friend sent her a couple pics of us leaving. Left a nice little trail of smoke as we left with the headers open!! lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't get away with doing them here anymore, lol. They always have law posted at all car shows and they nail you. One of the Mustang club members was in Pigeon Forge Tenn. at show there and got a ticket revving engine and spinning tires over $200. 

Now when at the MOM we all did burn out going out the back gate of the Charlotte track hundreds, lol.

Can't get away with doing them here anymore, lol. They always have law posted at all car shows and they nail you. One of the Mustang club members was in Pigeon Forge Tenn. at show there and got a ticket revving engine and spinning tires over $200. 

Now when at the MOM we all did burn out going out the back gate of the Charlotte track hundreds, lol.
Yeah I know at some shows they frown upon it. Last year I got yelled at by one car club for doing a burnout after one of their shows the next week I was at. They remembered my car. lol. 

The show this weekend, a couple guys were doing burnouts as they left so I figured what the hell and let a little smoke fly. Cant let them Chevys have all the fun!

I was part of the Nitro Revival 3, in Irwindale, California, at the dragstrip the other weekend. Steve Gibbs, of NHRA fame puts this event on and it's really worth seeing. So many famous names from drag racing are in attendance, most with their famous and restored rails, funny cars, gassers, altered, etc. There's lots of food and vendors in the midway, nitro smell in the air as various guys light off their engines for the delight of the onlookers, many made passes on the strip, and even the parking lot across from the pits looks like a car show, as many hot rod car clubs came to hang.

I brought a drag boat to display, the Mortician, which raced from 1965 thru 1967, dominating the Unblown Fuel Flatbottom class, and setting 5 World Records . As many of you may know, I tow with my '71 Mach. One of the event photogs posted this picture of the Mustang attached to the drag boat in the Nitro Revival 3 website. The car/drag boat combo got a lot of attention, and I'm so flattered they included the photo along with the very cool dragsters that were there. If you think you're seeing double, you're right....there's two injected nitro burning 327s in that flatbottom, ( pump gas burning 351c in the 'stang ).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back