• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB door spring drivers LH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Various
My passenger side has a door spring -- some S shaped thing 

But my driver side doesn't and my OCD cannot cope with knowing it's missing 

does anyone have one buried amongst their stuff in a garage somewhere ? 

all the very best 

Al

Ok I am assuming this is the wire form spring that is between the two cogged rollers that assist the door to remain open. If that is it I probably have one but never take the spring out. In the door hinge assembly.

I looked this afternoon and did not find the hinges I took off last parts car. Too many bins for sure.

Pic is worth a thousand words for sure.

Ok I am assuming this is the wire form spring that is between the two cogged rollers that assist the door to remain open. If that is it I probably have one but never take the spring out. In the door hinge assembly.

I looked this afternoon and did not find the hinges I took off last parts car. Too many bins for sure.

Pic is worth a thousand words for sure.
Hello Mr Static.  I went through the same thing for missing spring on driver's side.  Tried a few of the " parts cars " guys here but no joy.  Ended up getting a complete used hinge and pulling the spring off ( carefully, it's under tension ).  And there's a challenge getting it back on, assuming the door is still fitted ?

I can try to explain what I did if it helps.

If David can find one, good for you.  A couple of the others may chime in also.

Good luck for the OCD cure.  I know the feeling.

PKJ

I had same issue. I had to replace hinge. My hinge spring is still there but snapped in 2 pieces. Dont know if it could be welded or a sleeve put over it.

You may want to open and lift the door to see if there is any movement up/down. Chances are after nearly 50 years your hinge pins need replacing too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back