Removing front door glass without removing up stops

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I have seen several posts stating that the two up stops have to be unbolted from the 71 & 72 models and the pop rivets drilled on the 73. This is totally not correct. Ford would have never put the car together that way. All parts have to drop in place on the assembly line without any odd or special requirements.

The front door glass can be taken in or out without removing the two big plastic round pieces on each end. Please forgive the horrible pictures. Camera has a setting moved that I cannot figure out, lol.

There is a notch in the window opening where the door lock button goes. You can drop the front up stop through this opening and then move forward and drop the rear in the same opening. Not need to remove anything except the attachment to either the PW or window regulator.

Hope this saves some work.

If you are having issue getting either the window or the regulator out from front or back you are doing something wrong. They go in and out in seconds.

On any part of the car if you are having to fight it you are doing something incorrect. The assembly line had at best 2 minutes to finish a task so there could be not hang ups.

I have to remove the passenger side window as she felt down due to mechanism failure I guess.

Will see when have the 2 doors back from the body shop.

Just bring the round plastic piece attached to the rear part of the glass up through the opening where the lock button is. Then bring the front part of the window back to the same opening and bring the other plastic part up and out. Of course you want the window mechanism down and out of the way.

I clean mine and get all the old grease out of the tracks and rollers and use Lucas Red n Tacky grease on everything. You might have just had a clip come out but a roller might be broke also.

Latest posts

Back