Hello from Jarvenpaa Finland

IstoT

Howdy,

I thought I edit this thread cause I have better knowledge of this car history after reading all papers.

Model: 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 351 2v. 3 speed manual, manual steering, no air condition.

Car was bought by Hull-Dobbs Co (131 Miller St Winston Salem). It shipped from Dearborn factory to Ed Flandro Ins Pocatello (don't know real owner) 1970/9/23.

Görän Z bought car from USA and it was imported to Sweden 1971/9/23. Görän managed to make registering inspection at 1974/02/25. Görän owned car about 18 years.

Tommy H bought car 1989/05/26 from Görän. Tommy owned car about 3 years.

Gert K bought car 1992/12/5 from Tommy. Gert painted hood and win some cups with from car shows (see picture of his sales ad from 1996). As you can from that salea ad car is "matching" numbers but cause it's not rare Mustang it means nothing. Gert owned car about 4 years.

Sivert R bought car 1996/11/12 from Gert. What I know he didn't do anything for the car..only necessary services and driving. Sivert owned car 23 years.

I bought car 2019/5/30 from Sivert and imported it to Finland. I manage to register car for Finland 3.6.2019 and get final license plate after I payed taxes at 2019/8/12.

Car has been driven at Sweden and Finland about 140000km (about 87000 miles). I don't know how many miles it has been driven at USA in that 1 year.

Here is link for walk a round video https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-walk-around-of-my-71-mach-1

IMG-20200401-181357.jpg

pix image

Old text hided but I thought if someone want to see my first thoughts about car I left old text.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Best regards,

Isto

Ford Mustang Mach 1 1971, 351 Cleveland 2 barrel carburetor, 3-speed manual, 9 inch rear.
Color red, interior black. In original condition in it's good and bad things.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome from France.

Good to know history of your ride, not always the case. Your Mach1 seems to be in good shape. You will find here great and knowleged people for sure :)

Mine is a 429 ;)

DSC-0225.jpg

Mustang, beer and rock'nroll

Welcome from Iowa. Nice ride.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Amazing how many 7173 made the trip to Europe....

Yours looks like being in great shape. Many years of fun ahead!

Welcome from the northern Netherlands

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

Welcome from the Netherlands. Great looking car! Must be very nice the drive in Finland , with all the beautiful scenery! Only thing I would worry about is deer ;-)

• 8 months later...

Hi Iku64,

nice Mustang you got there, have you joined the FMOC Finland? There's a some information about these cars but not as much as here. I don't follow FMOC forum much, I did followed it for long time though. This is a great forum to ask specific '71-'73 questions.

Greetings from South-West Finland

Jari

Welcome from South West Germany 

Your new ride seems to be in a really good shape. Enjoy it.

Cheers Frank

1972 Mach 1, 351C-2V, wimbledon white, blue all vinyl luxury

born in Dearborn, grown in the district of San José, spent a lifetime in California, moved to Germany in 2010

Mustang_Mach1_wallpaper_300_150.jpg proud member of clublogozusammen.JPG.59fb4a10d15cfff9ec756235059135b8.JPG

Hello from Mississippi.

That  Mach 1 looks like it has been sealed in a time capsule. Assuming the underhood inspection stickers, paint marks and items like the hose clamps are indeed original, that car almost needs to be in a museum. I see very little that would keep it from having that just built look.  There are many knowledgeable members here who will definitely help you with any questions you may have.

Welcome to your new Mustang home!

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

Hi Iku64,

nice Mustang you got there, have you joined the FMOC Finland? There's a some information about these cars but not as much as here. I don't follow FMOC forum much, I did followed it for long time though. This is a great forum to ask specific '71-'73 questions.

Greetings from South-West Finland

Jari

Howdy and thank you Jari,

Yes I've joined FMOC at 2018  I have send messages at FMOC forums and facebook..you can find me with name IstoT.

And I have found myself searching answers for my problems here because here is lot of information and people with deep knowledge of these 71-73  mustangs.

-Isto

Ford Mustang Mach 1 1971, 351 Cleveland 2 barrel carburetor, 3-speed manual, 9 inch rear.

Welcome from sweden, like your car !

Thx Nilsson,

I bought this car from Sweden last summmer (2019) from old chap Sivert Rask who is owner of Raask Motor AB at Nissafors. Good chap and still at 71 year age he was making business and planing new exhausts for some Harley model..:). We were spending night at Gislaved in little hotel where F1 drivers were sleeped during 70's races..:).

This car was bought 09/71 by Swedesh chap ..he owned it about 20 years..then some dealer (who spoiled painting by trying to polish it with machine) and then this Sivert  bought it at 90's.

Hello from Mississippi.

That  Mach 1 looks like it has been sealed in a time capsule. Assuming the underhood inspection stickers, paint marks and items like the hose clamps are indeed original, that car almost needs to be in a museum. I see very little that would keep it from having that just built look.  There are many knowledgeable members here who will definitely help you with any questions you may have.

Welcome to your new Mustang home!

Thx secluff,

What I know this car is almost it's original condition...engine hood has been painted and last owner has been added that mid consol, switched the original clock to rpm gauge and if I remember right at 90's air cleaner and valve covers have changed by dealer. And with help of this forum I now know that this car have Protection Package which was not factory option for Mach 1 but first owner must have wanted. That package makes unique look for this Mach 1..:).

We have wondered what are those big number sticks at firewall..?